Hormones

Options
Today was bad, ate like crap, didn't move much & felt like I was on the verge of a temper tantrum :explode: all day. Unfortunately, this appears to be a recurring theme. I'm currently on a 30 day cycle of HRT for some female issues and I'm completely at the estrogens mercy. I have no control over my emotions & feel like I'm just watching life go on around me. I cry over everything (like teenage girl sobbing meltdowns :sad: ) and am utterly exhausted all the time. I know (logicaly) that I'll feel better if I work out but the thought of getting off the couch makes me want to cry.

I need some serious motivation to get through this. Ideas? Suggestions? Lectures?

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i can empathize. i went through menopause at age 27, and started a hormone cocktail last year in may to try and reverse it. i was a W R E C K!!! all i can tell you is that it does get better. hugs!
  • JackieBea
    Options
    Drag your pretty behind off the sofa and get movin'! If anyone understands HRT and hormone-crazy, it's me.... the only way I got through it was walking like 50 miles a day.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Go back to the doc....see if there are other ways to help you besides hormones. Don't be afraid to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. I have fibrocystic disease and cannot take hormones...but it has been a blessing. I have not experienced the severe symptoms of friends like you. Sometimes being a girl stinks! Hang in there! (PS, Exercise and dark chocolate help me a bit.):heart:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    SO ironic that you should post this right now. I was just about to ask if there is anyone out there that has started HRT and can they enlighten me as to what I can expect?

I am very worried that I am going to start bloating and gaining weight. Hope someone out there can give me a little insight. Anything you can share will be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    When they put me through chemical menopause to try and fix endometriosis at 28 years old, the only thing that worked for me was beating the **** out of a heavy bag. I highly recommend it! Although, I will say that it will get you some strange looks in the gym. Lets just say I've never had a fear of being jumped on my way to my car after leaving, cause everyone there knows that I can beat the crap out of them. And if you yell at the dummy while you are doing it, all the better! The outlet to vent helps with the stress, the emotions, and the rage of out of control hormones. I know it sounds strange, but it really does work.
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    I can't relate to the having to do HRT. However, I can totally relate to the crying spells and the not wanting to get off the couch. I find that I am less emotional when I am exercising and eating right. The hard part for me is doing it when I feel like just crawling in a dark hole. I always feel better emotionally after I get a good workout in. I just have to listen to my own advice now. I'm out of town sitting in a hotel that has a nice indoor swimming pool and a fitness room and instead I'm sitting here pouting about my weight over a glass, or two of wine. I have a lot to learn!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate the words of encouragement and support. Today is already a million times better than yesterday.

Odonna- I haven't experienced any weight gain or even any bloating, it's all been emotional so far. But I could be the exception to the side effect rule. Good luck!!