bodymedia core and hospital nursing

Options
Any nurses out there? I'm thinking of getting a bodymedia core, and I was wondering how it would look under my scrubs. would it be noticeable, get in the way, and then there's the germy factor. Any input would be great, thanks.

Replies

• dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It goes on your upper arm. I would think you could place it under your scrub top sleeves. I personally would wear it and put an under shirt over it then my scrub top. That way of keeps it from getting germy..
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, I wore my bodymedia core from Oct 2012 to March 2013. I've not had it on since and I am STILL setting off the metal detectors at airports. Both the walk through and the whole body scanners pick up metal on my upper left arm where I wore the core.
  • ta2kitty
    ta2kitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear scrubs to work and it fits fine under my scrubs.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, I wore my bodymedia core from Oct 2012 to March 2013. I've not had it on since and I am STILL setting off the metal detectors at airports. Both the walk through and the whole body scanners pick up metal on my upper left arm where I wore the core.

How strange!
  • acdc833
    acdc833 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So we can wear them to work? The manual cautioned against usage with flammable gases. I don't work in OR but am still around O2 all the time in ICU. Would love to see my calorie burn during my shifts but have been to scared to wear it.

The airport thing is just strange!
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options

I've actually worn mine through airport/public building metal detectors and a full body scanner and I've never been stopped.

I wear mine in the band of my bra under my left arm. It works fine and I think it records almost as accurately as if I were to wear it on my arm.