Weekly weightloss goals?

Options
Hi there everyone! I've been lurking these forums for about 8 months now. I'd just like to say thanks to all of you for such informative answers to questions. It's been helpful for me starting out. I'm hoping you can answer another question that I have please? :)

I am 174cm (about 5'8" I think) and now 98 kgs (216 lbs). I am currently set at lightly active and losing roughly 1-1.5kgs (2-3lbs) a week. My Kj goal is 6000 (1430 calories). So far I have lost just over 11kgs (24lbs). My question is at what points do you think I should re-adjust my weight loss rate goals, and my kj goals? As I get closer to my goal weight (awhile yet) are there any things I should be doing to prepare for the shift to maintenence?

Also just want to say I added in the alternative lbs instead of kgs as it seems most people on mfp use imperial instead of metric as we do in australia. Hopefully it made it a bit easier. I am forever converting lbs/inches to kgs/cms haha.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Like your work! I adjust my daily calorie goal all the time... every couple of pounds with the TDEE calculator at fat2fitradio.com This is probably obsessive, though. Perhaps every 5lbs lost?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I adjust mine every time I've lost 10%. Using your numbers, from 216 I would have adjusted at 194, and then 175, 256, etc...
  • jessalts
    jessalts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks for that! Sounds like a plan! :)

I was also wondering at what point the 2lbs a week loss will be over the top, or when I should start lowering it to 1.5lbs, 1lb to remain healthy and be getting all I need nutritionally?
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing 2lbs a week and am hoping to do so up till Christmas. After Christmas all being well I'll have 21lbs to lose to my goal weight and maybe then I'll aim for a 1lb a week loss. As long as you're eating enough calories, I don't see why you can't aim for a 2lbs a week loss until you get close to your goal weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks for that! Sounds like a plan! :)

I was also wondering at what point the 2lbs a week loss will be over the top, or when I should start lowering it to 1.5lbs, 1lb to remain healthy and be getting all I need nutritionally?

I think when you get close to 30 kg to lose you can move down to 1.5. And 1 around 20 kg. Or just move to 1 lb a week if you start feeling sluggish or hungry really. Honestly my goal has always been 1 lb a week and I've lost 1.5 in average.