Is my workout and nutrition plan healthy?

I'm 5'3" and weigh around 100 lb. I eat 1500 - 2000 calories a day, and I try to eat as healthy as possible. I used to workout from 4 to 6 times a week, mostly strength training, and cardio between strength training days. I had been feeling really exhausted with this workout plan. I felt really weak and lacking energy, so I reduced my workouts to 3 to 4 times a week, doing mostly strength training, minimal cardio and resting between days i work out. Is this ok? I don't want to gain weight and get fat. I want to maintain my weight and feel good about this whole diet and workout thing. Feeling exhausted just doesn't feel like I'm doing the right thing. Any help or suggestions for a good, healthy balanced diet with a good workout plan?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    1500-2000 is a big range. When I enter your stats in the TDEE calculator over at IIFYM.com I get around 1900-2000, so I'd stick to that range rather than the 1500 range.

How much protein are you getting?

ETA: open your diary for specific comments
  • jjptv
    jjptv Posts: 2
    Thanks. About 20% of what I eat are proteins.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Thanks. About 20% of what I eat are proteins.

Do you know your body fat percentage?

Ideally you want to set your macros to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. So for me, I'm 125 lbs and 20% body fat, so 125 * .80 gives me a protein goal of 100 grams. If you don't know your body fat percentage you can just go with .8 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Then you want to set your fats for .35 grams per pound of total body weight, so for me that's 44 grams.

Think of those as minimums.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    How old are you?
    You can calculate your needs here. If you are maintaining, then find your TDEE and set mfp for that as your daily intake and then just log your exercise as 1 calorie.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Sir, you weight 100lbs and are trying to lift heavy. I suggest you look into a small bulk cycle. No offense, but you feel exhausted because you need to eat more. A lot more.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Exercise is certainly vital for weight maintenance but so is adequate rest. Exercising 3-4 days per week is a good balance which will enable you fit in enough volume to pursue fitness-related goals, such as increased strength, while optimizing recovery. The important thing is that you are truly eating the maximum amount of calories to satisfy your total daily energy needs to achieve relative weight homeostasis.