Whey Protein spikes the insulin higher than a mars bar

Options
2»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

fine-art-diabeetus-11614.jpg

I had this waiting, I just did't want to be the first person to post an image.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a man's face, sporting a white mustache, in this picture? Or did I miss the point entirely of the picture. I missed it with the OP. Sorry OP.

Indeed.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Whey protein and milk spike up your insulin levels, they spike higher than carbs like whole wheat bread this of coarse eventually leads to insulin resistance and that is diabetes

I seem to remember the blood glucose stays the same though, the the insulin effect is cancelled out by glucagon ?

Whereas carbs elevate the blood sugar as well and are then shuttled off to be used or stored by the insulin response.

3b70992019e16a8c06fd4dcb283af279.jpg
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    my buddy and I have been busy as bees this last few weeks but we like to keep ourselves updated with the latest changes in diets.

I've missed you.

I had to search for 'Lichent' to find this latest thread. I'm afraid I might be missing others. Could I make a special request that when you come across a 'Lichent' thread, you reply with his name in the thread? Maybe I'd have better luck by searching for 'buddy.'

Nope.... too many 'buddies' here.