Should I count loose skin as weight?

Options
soyum
soyum Posts: 49 Member
Estimating (from reports of skin removal, etc) I have around 15-20lbs of loose skin. Should I be counting that into my total weight for daily cals or do you think I should use my projected weight as if that skin was actually removed? Thx.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yes
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    Your body still needs to maintain all of your skin, being an organ and all, so definitely include it
  • soyum
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yes count it.... I had 17 lbs. of skin removed a year ago from a body lift procedure and always counted it up until I had it removed. :drinker: Best of Luck
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The skin is a living organ just like muscle, kidneys, liver, etc. Those skin cells all use energy.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yes count it.... I had 17 lbs. of skin removed a year ago from a body lift procedure and always counted it up until I had it removed. :drinker: Best of Luck

I can't wait to get a tummy tuck! Prob will never happen, but I agree, it counts! Every jiggly little piece of it. I like to lift my shirt and make monster faces with my loose skin.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes, not only does your body need to maintain your skin but your body also needs to cart it around all day.

Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • soyum
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss!

Thank you! :)
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes it counts
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    yep bro I lost the same amount and I do, but it will heal and get better depending on what you do and how you went about your weight loss

Tof