Eating the majority of my calories in one sitting

Options
2»

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Some people really hate feeling full, some people can't stand feeling the slightest bit hungry. Personally, I like feeling very full (although not stuffed or uncomfortable or like I need to lie down, but pretty full), and I don't mind the feeling I have when I haven't eaten for 16 or so hours. I quite like building up an appetite.

We're pretty similar on this. Being hungry during the day is fine for me, what I truly dislike is being hungry AFTER a meal. I find it frustrating and that's why I prefer to eat most of my calories in one single meal.

Right, if I'm hungry after a meal, it's sort of like I've primed the pump for more food and I'll never be able to stop now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter when you eat them. Just weigh your food and log it and stay under your calories.

You can probably eat around 1600 calories easily though.
  • healthyhappywarrior
    Options
    For me, i'm fairly active and maintain on around 1800 calories. I eat around 200-300 calories for breakfast, 300-400 for lunch, and i have a small snack before dinner. This leaves me with around 1000 calories left for dinner. Dinner for me is around 500 calories. I save that extra 500 calories for one of those Friendly's sundae cups - yummm! I can't resist! This is what i've been doing for awhile. It won't make you gain, so I'm assuming it won't make you lose. I, like you, was concerned about that, so I asked my nutritionist about it. Apparently, it doesn't matter when you eat your calories. So whatever is most comfortable for you and your schedule and lifestyle!
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I think it really comes down to personal preference. A lot of IFers do this and it works well for them. I do it on my fasting days and it's shockingly easy. For me, it's much easier to fast and I save the calories for dinner. Others, really need to break it up into several smaller meals. It all comes down to what works for you.