Any real way to rid your cellulite?

Options
I'm sure this question has been asked time and time again, but I've never asked it, so here goes! Is there any REAL way to rid your body of cellulite? I know I've seen women with children lose it and I've heard it has a lot to do with your body fat percentage. Can anyone confirm that? I don't really believe in the creams and stuff. Just looking for some friendly advice if you've got any :)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lower body fat. Some creams and massage temporarily (like a day) reduce the visually aspect, but cellulite is tissue and you can never get rid of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. I have recently lost quite a bit in my legs and now they look horrible! My thighs are saggy cellulite whereas before when I was heavier they didn't look that way. Once I start building the muscle up in my legs will that make them look tighter again? Stretch it back out in a sense?
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Lower body fat. Some creams and massage temporarily (like a day) reduce the visually aspect, but cellulite is tissue and you can never get rid of it.

IDEA Fitness member

That's kind of what I figured as well. I wonder how some women have it and others dont.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This^^ Lifting heavy has helped a lot in reducing the appearance of mine too.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

That's kind of what I figured as well. I wonder how some women have it and others dont.

It's genetics. I've seen very slim women with it and very overweight women without it. I believe it has to do with the connective tissue holding the fat to the muscle? Less fat should make it less visible, though.
  • KCW37
    KCW37 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    build muscle trust me your cellulite will vanish
    heavy weight traing and i did the treadmill on an incline for 30 min to an hour 5 days a week almost at highest incline i worked my way up
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    heavy weight traing and i did the treadmill on an incline for 30 min to an hour 5 days a week almost at highest incline i worked my way up
    Thank you for the advice <3.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It's genetic enough that I don't know about saying 'lower body fat' as a given. It's true for most people with cellulite, just because most people can stand to lose some pounds, lol. But very, very slim women can have cellulite and should not lower their body fat further to try to get rid of it.

I have thin skin from my mom's side, where you can see my veins easily, etc. I also had cellulite at my thinnest (which was disturbingly thin). Now, gaining weight makes mine much worse! But I don't know that I'll ever have mine 'vanish'. I wish!! :D
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

I have been doing the incline too and have noticed a slight difference but I'm going to keep it up (just started using the high incline treadmills at my new gym) :)