Tips for Newbies

Options
Here are some things I wish people would have told me when I first started trying to lose weight.. But I am happy I had to learn them myself!

1) Take your measurements! The scale can be a dirty filthy liar!
2) Concentrate on losing 'fat' not weight... (Body Fat Percentage apposed to the number of lbs or kgs you are)
3) Take lots of pictures!
4) Educate yourself on Macro goals (carbs, fat, protein)
5) Be patient... What works for me might not work for you! It is all about finding what works for you and sometimes that takes awhile!
6) When asking people for advice... Research what they say before you try it. Some people think they know everything on here!
7) Reward yourself for every 5 or 10 lb you lose with things that help you continue with your weight loss for example a food scale or a scale that gives you your accurate body fat percentage.
8) NSV means non-scale victory ... Celebrate these with things you want if money permits :)
9) Make friends! They really do help when times are tough!
10) Beleive in yourself, love yourself and don't forget why you started your journey!

If anyone has any more they can add I would love to hear them!! and feel free to friend me! Always open to having more friends! :)

Replies

• LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Love your profile pic ".... your beauty standards" AMEN girl ;)

great post ;)
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • mkassinen
    Options
    #5. TRUTHHHHHH.
    #6. YESSSSSS.
    Loved your insight :)
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    #5. TRUTHHHHHH.
    #6. YESSSSSS.
    Loved your insight :)

Love your love for #5 and #6 :) Lol
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Great tips.

You might want to rethink your profile pic though. Profanity is against the site rules.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    You might want to rethink your profile pic though. Profanity is against the site rules.

it also makes you look really trashy. jmho.
  • Marrowshard
    Options
    VERY helpful tips. I remember being SO discouraged when the scale needle didn't move like I wanted it to! Being HEALTHY is so much more important than being SKINNY. As I said to a friend of mine: any idiot can starve themselves to get skinny, it takes dedication and commitment to a better lifestyle to be healthy!
  • CountryGirl8542
    Options
    VERY helpful tips. I remember being SO discouraged when the scale needle didn't move like I wanted it to! Being HEALTHY is so much more important than being SKINNY. As I said to a friend of mine: any idiot can starve themselves to get skinny, it takes dedication and commitment to a better lifestyle to be healthy!

Sooo true!!
  • liveinthemoment24
    Options

it also makes you look really trashy. jmho.

How bout ya keep "yho" to yourself because calling people trashy is against site rules too. Kthnx. Dbag.