diet pills...... dun dun duuuunnn.......

Options
ok so I know diet pills or supplements are usually discouraged on this site. are any of you currently taking anything to help aid u in your weight loss journey? what are you taking and is it helping?

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I use helium pills. I have up to fourteen and a half before I step on the scale in the morning. This week I've lost 11 pounds and my car keys!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i took this pill called "count all your calories and eat fewer of them than you expend in a day"

worked like a charm. and it was free.
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use helium pills. I have up to fourteen and a half before I step on the scale in the morning. This week I've lost 11 pounds and my car keys!

So cheeky.....
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The diet pill I've had the most success with is Lipo 6 Black Hers. The other thing that I've had a lot of success with is an EC stack. I found that the EC stack was most effective when combined with intermittent fasting.
    A lot of people here are going to tell you that diet pills don't work. Diet pills can help with weight loss but it's good to keep in mind that they should be combined with diet and exercise, but you probably already knew that. And of course there are dangers, especially if you have high blood pressure or heart problems. If you have anxiety, diet pills can make it worse. So if you try a diet pill and experience negative effects, it's best to either start at a lower dosage or stop taking them completely. Of course, there are also stimulant-free diet pills.
    If you want to try something that works pretty well for carb cravings, try L-Glutamine. I was taking that stuff and noticed that if I took at least 1 gram, I wouldn't have so many cravings. And I can't say it was a placebo effect, either, because I wasn't taking it for weight loss reasons. L-Glutamine is an amino acid, by the way, so it's pretty safe. You can get a bottle of 50 capsules or tablets on Ebay from Source Naturals for around $5.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    There's a reason that diet pills keep getting pulled off the market, reformulated, put back on the market, pulled off the market, reformulated, put back on...repeat. Many people develop serious lifelong health problems from them. Fen-fen...cardiac damage, Hydroxy-Cut....liver damage to the point of needing liver transplants, and more every day. Too often they don't realize there's a problem w/these products until the permanent damage is done. But if you still think there's some magical shortcut to a healthy weight, where you can eat as many calories as you want & not exercise, then be sure to Google "weight-loss-pills-recall" before you take anything. Even the "safe" Alli tells people in their warning paper to make sure to have a change of clothes w/you at all times, in case of "explosive" diarrhea. When I asked our pharmacist if he sold a lot of Alli, he said yes, but so far no one has come back to refill their prescription...because of the side effects.

But if you want to risk your health, & waste time & money, on things that cause problems AND won't bring you any closer to health....

P. S. For another example, the Lipo 6 Black Hers is currently facing a class action suit by people that say their product is dangerous & makes false claims. You can read about the dangers of the ingredients here... http://www.europeanrevolution.net/lipo-6-side-effects-you-need-to-know-about/
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Diet pills should be avoided unless you have talked it over with your doctor. Do you really think you need the chemicals contained in the pills in your body?? Study your own nutrition and how you feel, you shouldn't have to do pills, you need to drink water, and that doesn't really need to be as much as stated here unless it is your only hyration, you do get water from foods you eat and other beverages you drink, eat three meals each day and have snacks so that you never get too hungry. Forget most of the things you have ever heard on a list of all those diet plans that are supposed to solve all the problems and have the weight coming off fast. Don't try to get to your goal weight in a certain length of time, just keep your program steady with your goal in mind. You can do it, good luck on your weight loss journey, staying healthy is the most important goal.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    i took this pill called "count all your calories and eat fewer of them than you expend in a day"

Hahaha Yes
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    ok so I know diet pills or supplements are usually discouraged on this site. are any of you currently taking anything to help aid u in your weight loss journey? what are you taking and is it helping?

I prefer hot air pills myself. 0 calories AND they fill you up!
  • sexyagainbysummer
    sexyagainbysummer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The diet pill I've had the most success with is Lipo 6 Black Hers. The other thing that I've had a lot of success with is an EC stack. I found that the EC stack was most effective when combined with intermittent fasting.
    A lot of people here are going to tell you that diet pills don't work. Diet pills can help with weight loss but it's good to keep in mind that they should be combined with diet and exercise, but you probably already knew that. And of course there are dangers, especially if you have high blood pressure or heart problems. If you have anxiety, diet pills can make it worse. So if you try a diet pill and experience negative effects, it's best to either start at a lower dosage or stop taking them completely. Of course, there are also stimulant-free diet pills.
    If you want to try something that works pretty well for carb cravings, try L-Glutamine. I was taking that stuff and noticed that if I took at least 1 gram, I wouldn't have so many cravings. And I can't say it was a placebo effect, either, because I wasn't taking it for weight loss reasons. L-Glutamine is an amino acid, by the way, so it's pretty safe. You can get a bottle of 50 capsules or tablets on Ebay from Source Naturals for around $5.
    thank you!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I personally don't recommend them. After trying a few back in 2010, I feel that they are a waste of money.

I've tried slimquick. Honestly didn't do anything. Even what they called the "extra strength" formula, did nothing.

I've tried Burn60 (gnc product). This is mainly a caffeine pill. I did notice an energy boost but I'm sure that's from the 180mg of caffeine that they claim is in 1 serving. I don't think it did anything for my weight loss efforts other than making it hard for me to sit still.

I also tried Lipo 6 Black Hers. This suppressed my appetite to the point that I almost wasn't eating. That's about all it did and even then it could have just been a placebo effect. I lost weight while using it, but even after I stopped, I continued to have the same rate of loss. Even though it suppressed my appetite, I would never recommend it. Shortly after I stopped taking it, I spent a week resisting the urge to eat everything in sight.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I tried lipodrene (had ephedra in it) and I lost weight, looked the best I ever looked, and lifted and ran better than ever. However, every time I took it I was afraid I was going to have a heart attack and then eventually it was taken off the market.
  • realmeryl16
    realmeryl16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I tried Slimina for two months before. It' definitely worked. It was an effective appetite suppressant.

If you want to take pills, I suggest you only take it for a month or two to help you lessen how much you eat andto get used to eating little. When you finish those one to two months, you'd be on your own.
  • jovannadahling
    jovannadahling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I take phentermine and topamax
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options

^^^ this.. best pills ever.. ^^^^
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Priceless. I love it.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Yep. Free and they work!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    To the OP--

I tried Dexatrim (sp?) years ago. I lasted about a week and threw the rest of the box away.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've tried phentermine. To me it was no more of an appetite suppressant than a couple cups of strong coffee.
  • mkarrington77
    Options
    Yes.
    +1