Loosing inches and fat but not weight..

Options
I'm at a kind of Plateau weight sticking around 11st - 11st3 for 3 weeks That's about 170kg Iv come down from 12st12 that's 180ish Kg since beginning of August so lost 22lbs-24lbs... Weight varies day to day..

Anyhow even though I'm sticking at this plateau I can see - feel fat has gone and I am more toned and I fitted into a size uk 12 dress which I wore in 2008... Better than I did then whoop whoop..

I wanted to be size 10 by Christmas and another stone lighter - 10st ish xx. Doesn't look realistic now though and Im only eating 1200 cals and am working out a lot!! My diary is open any suggestions please

Replies

• donjessop
    donjessop Posts: 186
    Options
    1 pound of fat takes up more space than 1 pound of muscle. As a result, if you are exercising and converting the muscle to fat you will be losing inches but not necessarily weight. This is NOT a bad thing. One pound of muscle requires more calories than one pound of fat so your Basal Metabolic Rate will actually go up.

Now, about your numbers. 11st is actually 154 pounds (not kg) and you want to get to 10st (140 pounds) by Christmas. To be honest, that seems to be a little aggressive. At your size I think a pound a week or 1st every 3 months is probably a more manageable and achievable goal. This doesn't mean that you can't achieve it, but from an expectation point of view 10st7 is probably more realistic and safer for your Christmas target.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm at a kind of Plateau weight sticking around 11st - 11st3 for 3 weeks That's about 170kg Iv come down from 12st12 that's 180ish Kg since beginning of August so lost 22lbs-24lbs... Weight varies day to day..

Anyhow even though I'm sticking at this plateau I can see - feel fat has gone and I am more toned and I fitted into a size uk 12 dress which I wore in 2008... Better than I did then whoop whoop..

I wanted to be size 10 by Christmas and another stone lighter - 10st ish xx. Doesn't look realistic now though and Im only eating 1200 cals and am working out a lot!! My diary is open any suggestions please

You're losing dress sizes so who cares what the scales say??
  • mazamarie
    Options
    I hope I'm converting fat to muscle - not muscle to fat though & I think that's what you meant though ;)..

I will be realist and I think I am going to change from Water aerobics to a legs bums and tums aerobics class.. Keep up the Pilates and have 1 day off from exercise instead of two..

Perhaps I should eat more too?

Please check out my diary - any suggestions please...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm converting fat to muscle - not muscle to fat though & I think that's what you meant though ;)..

I will be realist and I think I am going to change from Water aerobics to a legs bums and tums aerobics class.. Keep up the Pilates and have 1 day off from exercise instead of two..

Perhaps I should eat more too?

Please check out my diary - any suggestions please...

Fat does not convert to muscle or vice versa!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Im only eating 1200 cals and am working out a lot!!

Eat more.