" Eight pounds in 2 weeks"

Options
I am having some sort of day. I turned 50 Monday (9 August 2010) and I was thinking of how Blessed I am. I mean, I feel great, finally was exercising and doing something about my health. Well tonight was weigh in for me, and to my shock and suprise and disappointment, the scaled says I have gained 8 lbs in two weeks. I have been binging, not exercising regularly like I was, but I did not think I had fell off so far. I also had stopped drinking my 8-10 glasses of water a day, for sweet tea instead. So I guess I should not be suprised. Well tommorrow is a Brand New Day, and I refuse to throw that darn towel in. So, instead I will work more harder to get back on track, get back in my exercise routine, and be more truthful with myself. You know what MFP Family, I must say its been a good day, because the old me would have just given up again, turned back to my old habits, and had a Pity Party. Instead I am planning my menu for tommorrow, got my excercise clothes ready, for a early morning walk. I finally figured it out, about this weight loss journey that is, If you really want to lose weight, keep moving, not to give up, don't give in and and Refuse to quit. Just have to use my set back as a step up and not a step back. Yeah, I have to say " this has been a Great Day."

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    get back on the wagon that happens to me really close to fifty myself:laugh: and i know i need to head the other way
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow you are amazing!!!! That's the way to get up, brush yourself off, and get to moving!! :drinker: Thanks for sharing, I needed to hear that:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you for these words of wisdom. I'm pretty sure my weigh in tomorrow will not go well, but I'll remember what you said and keep going!
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    keep ur head up.....we all fall down...but we also get up...the great thing about this is that u realized ur mistakes...2morow is a new day...GOD BLESS....if u need a friend feel free 2 add me
  • marshanuss
    marshanuss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thats the spirit! Keep up the good thoughts... Tomorrow is a new day
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    GREAT attitude! You know what to do - we all do - and we support you! Good luck! Belated birthday wishes too!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspirational, I was feeling really unmotivated but read your words and you made me feel as though I can finish what I have started. Good luck and God Bless xx
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you so Much my MFP Friends for all your encouragement.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    We have all been there. You doing good. You know what you did wrong and are going to start fresh. By the way Kroger has a really good ice tea that is diet and caffeine free that tastes as good as the real stuff. Sometimes its hard to find but its worth stocking up on. Positive attitude is where its at. You go Girl.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I love your post that says Eat to live, not live to eat.....