Fruit and Veggie Ideas, Please Help!

Options
Okay I pretty much know the basics of eating healthy. Fruits & Veggies are a key player in weight loss. My problem is I just do not eat enough of them. Not because I don't like them, I love almost all fruits and all veggies if prepared correctly. However I suck at cooking :ohwell: but I want to get better at it. I feel like this will be my ultimate key to a successful weight loss. Any tips tricks or ideas? Recipes welcome.

Replies

• la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes - I suck at cooking too.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    :drinker:
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    river cottage veg by hugh fearnly-whittingstal
    he does great stuff that you can add meat to if you want. I'm not a vegetarian but most of his stuff doesn't need meat added to it.

if your in the UK the Abel and Cole cook books are also brilliant (veg home delivery service)

jamie olivers 30 minute meals also have a lot of veg in, our fave is his feta filo pies (may not take you 30 mins the first time you make it, but make it often enough and don't make the other courses (if there's only 2 of you you don't need that much food! lol) and voila 30 mins and washing up done too.

also worth checking out is tom kerridge, he's got some awesome easy stuff on his show at the mo, M-i-L has the book, there is some tasty looking stuff in there! can't wait till i get it for crimbo.

i'm not a great cook either, i prefer eating and am super lazy, but i can make every in these books.
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you know an Epicure seller, the Roasted Garlic and Herb mix is so yummy and I use it on so many things. My favourite is a mix of yellow and red sweet peppers, cooking onion, zuchinni, asparagus (when available) and sliced mushrooms. i toss it with a little of the spice mix and balsamic vinagrette salad dressing, then allow it to marinate for a few hours. You can roast it in the oven at 400 until done, or for a better taste, on the barbeque. Yummy!!!
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh! And caesar salad made with kale instead of romaine is great too!
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    These are some of my favorite sites if you are looking for great recipes.

http://ohsheglows.com/

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/09/potato-pizzas.html

I know that they are vegan, but you can always add meat to any of them or maybe try doing an all veggie dish once and a while :)
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    If I could learn to cook veggies and tofu the way some restaurants can I would total go Vegan :) I am not a huge meat person as it is unless its some special dish, but at the same time I just don't know how to get protein from veggies and nuts in a way that I could stomach it you know, if that makes sense haha