"Binged"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lexandreia
    Options
    troll?

Wow, just eat OP. seriously. Get over yourself. I ate about 2100 calories the other day and I didn't log it, but then again I didn't freak out and just said hey, I worked hard this week and I was a bit over, so be it.

Eat more to lose more. Starve yourself and you'll probably gain. One cup of ice cream is nothing - i ate about 3 cups the other day I was talking about above. No biggie.

I think you're being too harsh. She's not trying to get attention. When I was at my worst with anorexia an extra apple had me curled up in the corner of my dorm crying and unable to attend class. It wasn't logical and I knew that but I was still completely terrified. Even now I'm still a bit paranoid about food. You don't understand.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Obvious pro-ED account is obvious

So how about being more helpful? Calling out the obvious isn't helping.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I know from experience that being 'helpful' to those with an eating disorder on a forum does absolutely nothing. Better that people stop trying to tell OP to get more than 900 calories a day, because they won't listen. I'm all for ED activism and trying to educate people, but an 'omg I ate some ice cream will I gain 50st?' post on a forum is not the place for that
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I recommend you seek help. Your obsessing over this is indicative of disordered eating habits, and your calorie goals are too low. A girl your age can, and should, eat a lot more and still lose weight. More importantly though is to realize whether or not you even should. And, to be honest, you are the last person who can judge that for yourself if you are falling into disordered eating habits. Please, seek professional help.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I know from experience that being 'helpful' to those with an eating disorder on a forum does absolutely nothing. Better that people stop trying to tell OP to get more than 900 calories a day, because they won't listen. I'm all for ED activism and trying to educate people, but an 'omg I ate some ice cream will I gain 50st?' post on a forum is not the place for that

There's always the odd one that actually listens. I have proof of that on my friends list.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    1 cup is not a binge.. You should have some more.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Calories In < Calories Out = Weight Loss
    I have ice cream almost every single day and i am losing. So enjoy
  • lets_fly_away
    Options
    Naaah, there are no sugar ice creams, like what diabetics eat. I have one called whey-hey,its full of protein and tasty to boot! So maybe you could buy something similar and then you can have one a week and not have to be sad! :'D

I actually found a good low cal frozen yogurt recipe :D I may look for that ice cream next time I go to the store though!