weight fluctuates ???

Options
inspite of remaining in the daily 1700 calorie target zone.... i find that the day i have a few drinks ( vodka soda ) but have controlled the food intake for the eve, my weight is up by 500 to 1000 gms. WHY IS THIS ???

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    it can be the sodium from the drinks! :) i wouldn't worry about it too much. worry about how much you weigh week to week, not day to day. you'll be driving yourself nuts otherwise!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    it can be the sodium from the drinks! :) i wouldn't worry about it too much. worry about how much you weigh week to week, not day to day. you'll be driving yourself nuts otherwise!

I second this! Weighing yourself once or twice a week is a much better plan (once is better than twice but let's face it, it's hard not to hop on and see how you're doing throughout the week) I know my weight can fluctuate around 3 pounds from day to day depending on my water intake and salt. I know it's hard but try for once a week and don't stress out about it too much! Good luck!

1005334.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • leeammmire
    Options
    i am having a problem with weight fluctuation also, but it is due to constipation, i eat alot of fiber due to my life syle change, can someone please give me some advise on staying regular, very bloated and miserable.
    leeann
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Not all calories are created equal. Alcohol is straight sugar, and sugar does not need to be processed by the body. It's like a pre-eaten food.

Secondly, I have heard that when your body is processing alcohol, it cannot properly process food calories, so it simply stores them.

Last-- half a pound to a pound of daily fluctuation seems like it would be common for a guy your size (you don't have a listed weight, so I'm not sure...). Don't stress over it. Like EVERYONE before me said, it's week-to-week, not day-to-day.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i am having a problem with weight fluctuation also, but it is due to constipation, i eat alot of fiber due to my life syle change, can someone please give me some advise on staying regular, very bloated and miserable.
    leeann

You should probably see a doctor but.... are you getting enough fat in your daily foods? Too much fat is, of course, the enemy, but some is needed to help the body do things, like process waste.