Why am I not losing weight? LOVE THE HELP

Options
I was eating about 700 calories burning 700 so netting negative or about 300 somedays. now i upped it to 1200 since last monday. but i am not losing weight. im 5 foot 8. 145 but i wanna be around 135.

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    for the love of all that is holy, EAT MORE. netting 0 is bad. very bad.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. Give your body some time to get used to new things.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    being that tall, u need to eat mo- your body won't lose if u starve it!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Give this thread a read and figure out your calorie/macro/micro targets. You will see that you should definitely be eating far more. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have never been rude to anyone on here - BUT - you have posted 3 very similar posts since this past Friday. You have been given lots of good advice - mostly saying you should be eating more than you are.

I am going to take a different approach. I just cant help but think there are one of three things at play.

1 - Since you have many many days where you dont log - I might guess that you are eating tons more calories on those days. Since I dont think a normal 21 year old could only max out at 800 calories everyday and maintain it nor should they. However having said that you should be losing tons of lbs with that intake. Thus I think you are not counting everything. You cannot take in that few calories and stay at the same weight. And dont buy into to the starvation mode stuff people will post. Yes you can do damage to your body and metabolism (and you need medical help) but you will still lose weight at that level. No ands ifs or buts about it.

or

2 - You just like posting the same type of post because you really are not paying attention to what people are telling you and you keep waiting to hear the answer you already have in your head. In that case - why bother posting???

or

3 - You just find it amusing to post the "sub 120 calories diet thing" because you know what epic arguments can ensue with that as the starting post.

If its #3 it might be amusing on some level however the bad part is that you have some very sincere people who really think you are someone who is looking for help and being good people they are trying to help - but they are being played for chumps and that is too bad. Yes some people on here deserve to be made fun of because they are rude and closed minded. But most people here are very supportive.

If its #2 you cant be helped. You live in your own world and just dont listen even if to the answers to your own questions.

If #1 - you need to be honest with yourself and the rest of us (if you ask for advice) and log everything. If you really are eating just 700-900 calories a day then you really need help that goes outside this web seek. Seek a good doctor for real medical advice. Because this is not the place for you to find the help you are looking for.

I really dont mean to be rude or make light of your situation.
  • jbolainho88
    Options
    I have never been rude to anyone on here - BUT - you have posted 3 very similar posts since this past Friday. You have been given lots of good advice - mostly saying you should be eating more than you are.

I am going to take a different approach. I just cant help but think there are one of three things at play.

1 - Since you have many many days where you dont log - I might guess that you are eating tons more calories on those days. Since I dont think a normal 21 year old could only max out at 800 calories everyday and maintain it nor should they. However having said that you should be losing tons of lbs with that intake. Thus I think you are not counting everything. You cannot take in that few calories and stay at the same weight. And dont buy into to the starvation mode stuff people will post. Yes you can do damage to your body and metabolism (and you need medical help) but you will still lose weight at that level. No ands ifs or buts about it.

or

2 - You just like posting the same type of post because you really are not paying attention to what people are telling you and you keep waiting to hear the answer you already have in your head. In that case - why bother posting???

or

3 - You just find it amusing to post the "sub 120 calories diet thing" because you know what epic arguments can ensue with that as the starting post.

If its #3 it might be amusing on some level however the bad part is that you have some very sincere people who really think you are someone who is looking for help and being good people they are trying to help - but they are being played for chumps and that is too bad. Yes some people on here deserve to be made fun of because they are rude and closed minded. But most people here are very supportive.

If its #2 you cant be helped. You live in your own world and just dont listen even if to the answers to your own questions.

If #1 - you need to be honest with yourself and the rest of us (if you ask for advice) and log everything. If you really are eating just 700-900 calories a day then you really need help that goes outside this web seek. Seek a good doctor for real medical advice. Because this is not the place for you to find the help you are looking for.

:drinker:
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options

or

or

Love this reply :laugh:
  • taylorvonlehe
    Options
    umm...alright? not many comments on those other posts so i was needing more answers. and yes those days i dont log i go out to eat but i just forget to log on the weekends. thanks.