CAN'T STOP EATING

Options
2»

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Engage in a competing behavior. Develop some hobby where you have to use your hands for something other than putting food into your mouth.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have found that I tend to snack whenever I get bored.
    So next time you feel like snacking try a couple of things.
    1 drink something
    2 take a short walk.. do some jumping jacks.. I've noticed I don't feel hungry after a good workout.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Log it. Log every bite of it.

I've found that helps me curb my non-hungry eating more than anything else because then I truly SEE how many calories I ate and how much damage I am doing to the process. This time around, I've been incredibly honest in my logging and I've never had more than a few days here and there of crazy overages because seeing it motivates me to stop doing it.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Sadly I'm in the same boat as you OP. If someone has an answer please let me know.
    I'm a major stress and boredom eater. Coupled with that I suffer from bad insomnia (with night eating to accompany that). I haven't felt actual hunger in over a month.
    I've tried many things but ultimately I know it's a mental battle and little to do with physical hunger or satiety cues. The cravings will be there regardless of how nourished I am or not. It's up to me to repair my emotional state and hopefully my eating will normalise.
    Everyday I start afresh, some days the damage is greater, some days things aren't so bad (usually the days when I get a full night's sleep).
    The one thing that has helped is that I try to exercise consistently regardless of how badly I'm doing on the diet front. I feel that it helps to lessen the damage. I also don't weigh myself anymore as it was a major trigger for disordered eating in the first place.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Oh and I log it all, as accurately as I can. My diary rarely ever has 'green' days but that's just the way it is. The only person you're cheating if you don't log it is yourself.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. I sort of had this problem for a short while... well actually it was more of a mind frame.
    You have to give yourself some will power, push yourself. Stop thinking that way. You can do it. That and log it all, don't lie to yourself. If you are eating badly then you will see it and feel bad. That's when you gather your willpower and stop. That's really all i can suggest. It's really up to you to stop.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Try using super glue as lip balm it worked for me!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you will think I'm weird, but I have to tell you what is working for me. I have been a compulsive over eater for most of my life. It started in Junior High. I am 52 now. For all those years, I was unwilling to give up my "goodies". I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, and as much as I wanted. It was not something I was willing to give up. I had asked God to help me so many times over the years. The problem was that I didn't really want help. For some reason, a couple of months ago I said a prayer in which I sincerely asked Him to help me with my eating. For once I really meant it. Ever since then, my attitude has been different. I have been motivated to eat about half of what I used to, and to exercise. As you can see, I have lost 14 pounds. It is a true miracle, and it can be the same for others.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I wouldn't say that I'm binging but I seriously can't stop snacking all day long. Some of it's healthy (pineapple), and some of it isn't (cheesecake). I'm definitely going over my calories, which I haven't even been logging accurately because they are SO over that I'm like.. what's the point. I've been doing this for a few weeks and can already feel myself getting a tummy. The problem? I CAN'T STOP. Does anyone have any tips on how to break free from this bad habit?

You CAN stop. You can do it.

You have the control not food. My tip is to just walk away. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Try using super glue as lip balm it worked for me!

This is GREAT! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: