Short Girl Problems

Options

Replies

• JessicaJ723
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and the WORST is the grocery store! I take one of those pasta spoons that looks like a claw in my bag to use when no ones looking ; )
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I know this all too well at 5' tall. I actually had to climb up the shelves in the freezer section at tesco to get what I needed :/
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The majority of my kitchen is arranged so that nothing important is on the top shelf. It can get really amusing at the grocery store, though. I either have to jump or find a random item that I can use as a gathering stick.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and know this all too well. The other day I was at a store and was looking for some specific dog food. At first I thought the store was out, but when I climbed up I saw there was two bags left on the top shelf - pushed all the way to the back. I hunted through the store until I found a stepstool for sale, and I put it to the test. What's odd is that I'm usually the one who has to reach things. I'm staying with my mom because she's sick, and she's only 4'11". For her side of the family, I'm the tall one. :happy:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and the WORST is the grocery store! I take one of those pasta spoons that looks like a claw in my bag to use when no ones looking ; )

a banana works for that, too. :drinker:
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have to climb up on the counters. Even stepping on shelves at the stores but finding a hot guy passing by to help out is always bonus :wink:
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It can get really amusing at the grocery store, though. I either have to jump or find a random item that I can use as a gathering stick.

I've been known to ask a random stranger to grab something from the top shelf for me. LOL
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    4'9" here; I have a kitchen stool that I have to drag out almost every day! I used to climb the counters, but now that I'm 60, I'm thinking it's not worth the risk. I also have the same problems at the grocery store. If I can use something else to knock the item down, I do; otherwise I ask someone else to help me!

The best one was when a VERY little old lady, shorter than me, asked me to get her something from the top shelf. I had to tell her very nicely that I was the wrong person to ask! :laugh:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This is so true! I'm 5'1 and I have to crawl all over everything. Although I do find spatulas helpful. I hook them under whatever it is I need and drag it to a point where I can grab it. It doesn't work all the time but it definitely helps!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Just so ya'll know short girls are hot :)

this is so true ;-P
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Next time your at the grocery store just go all doe eyed. Tall men like to feel useful. :wink:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    ^^^ or you could just ask someone for help and not get weird on them.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I like it weird
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    4'8"

Hubby is 6'. I quit climbing counters 8 years ago! :D
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If things are too high at work for the tall girls to grab thy call on Spider Monkey to climb up the counters! Also my family used to hide my cereal on the top shelf. Jerks lol.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair over 5' 3" tall, and my almost 16 yr old daughter is not quite 4' 11" short. She refers to herself as "fun sized" and we both are quite keen on our mantra, which is "we can do anything that tall girls can, except reach stuff on the top shelf, and that is why stools were invented." I've done that climbing on my kitchen counter thing myself a time or three, too.
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options

GENIUS! Why did I never think of this? I usually climb, or look both ways to make sure the coast is clear and then jump repeatedly like a trained monkey until I succeed at knocking the item to the edge or over it. :tongue:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My husband has to reach the things on the top shelf, lol. That or I get a chair. (I'm 5'4")
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and stand on my toes every morning at work while I'm filling my tea cup with water from the coffee maker. I also climb on the counter to reach the plates or bowls in the kitchenette. My co-workers have grown pretty accustomed to it. I'm pretty sure it adds a little comic relief.
  • 18lalune
    Options
    Oh my god I do that