Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Awful weight loss advice on Facebook

An FB page that I frequent posted a fan question about weight loss.

I just had to share some of the comment replies. (All are copied direct so excuse any spelling/grammar)

don't eat carbs so avoid pastas and bread try an avoid too much dairy and halve your meals as said above maybe try six smaller meals throughout the day instead of 3

No carbs or dairy after 3 pm and your meat portions the size of your palm

Cardio and Yoga and a thing called Plexus Slim. 13kg lost for me.

I had plateaued for months also u then tryed plexus slim.. amazing in 3 months I lost 11kg by just having plexus of a morning. You can buy it here.. @the slimming pink drink or inbox me for details. X

Green juice detox, stick with it for 4 weeks, it'll help flush out your system :)

reduce or get rid of gulten containing foods from you're diet hard but well worth it :-)

GEEZ i cant believe people have to pick on peoples spelling all the time!!! its the internet get over it!!!!!! Your comment is not helpful so don't bother leaving it!!! u could always try the HCG diet its 23-40 days long and pretty intense but u loose roughly 0.5-1 kg a day IF u follow it to the letter! no exercise needed and in fact you are encouraged not to exercise due to the nature of the diet check it out at http://www.ahcg.com.au/buy-hcg-drops/ Good Luck!

I did the rapid detox it's 48 hours lost like 5 kg but they recommend only use it once a month

How many calories does losing all faith in humanity burn?

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member

None. You become fatter instead...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    BSG_FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU_by_mseliga1138.jpg
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    I've had to go in and school them.

Cue the special snowflake replies of
    EVERY HUMAN BODY IS DIFFERENT, THE CONVENTIONAL METHOD THAT ADHERES TO SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES DOES NOT WORK FOR ME BECAUSE I AM A MAGIC UNICORN SPACE PRINCESS.
  • Mutant13
    There's more!

green coffee bean extract pills u get them online u must get pure extract tho and u don't have to change your diet. I just watched it on doctor oz show

i ate sushi for 2 weeks and lost 7kgs.i cut out all sugar and coffee,drank camomile tea.try that with youre excercise plan

Start with the 7 day soup diet (google it) then follow that with a low gi diet.
  • ardithann5
    ardithann5 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi as an Old Lady of 63 I have found people believe what they feel they should ..when I had breast cancer the lady next to me said crazy things about how I got it.. looked right at her and said annaaa I got it from eating red M&M's she agreed most heartly.. and I looked at her and the Doctor for our group and said.. you do know she's nuts the chemo is going to her brain. he laughed and then froze in place.. eekekk people.. sweetheart look at your family who are you most like Moms side or Dads or combination of both.. me I am like my Pop he is like his Mom and her 5 sisters why am I heavy partly no exercise I come from old farm family of hard work .. my hubby has been ill for over 6 years.. so I have spent a lot of time in front of the computer. watching him.. logging information and chatting on face book and playing games... my friend sheri is a writer and got really heavy and started doing this.. turned me to this app.. I have lost 1 pound a week for a total of 2 pounds.. have been on this app for 3 weeks now.. I do watch what I eat always have but now have a great team to cheer me on for exercise.. that helps... I hope to go from 210 pound 5 foot 6 inches to 180 pounds that has been my weight most of my adult life.. when I had cancer I dropped to 160 the hospital staff was afraid I would get to thin ahahahahahahahah nope in a years time I had gone from the 165 to 180.. felt better and had more energy.. but then I help push cars shovel side walks and run kids and dogs in a park.. do what you need to to be healthy and happy for the two are your biggest reasons for life.. good luck see you around the pedal bike hugs a Lady Clown Milwaukee WI
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    I've seen you around. You seem like a bit of a sarcastic *****. I simply have to be your friend! :flowerforyou:
  • Mutant13
    I've seen you around. You seem like a bit of a sarcastic *****. I simply have to be your friend! :flowerforyou:

FRIENDSHIP ACTIVATED
  • Mutant13
    Hi as an Old Lady of 63 I have found people believe what they feel they should ..when I had breast cancer the lady next to me said crazy things about how I got it.. looked right at her and said annaaa I got it from eating red M&M's she agreed most heartly.. and I looked at her and the Doctor for our group and said.. you do know she's nuts the chemo is going to her brain. he laughed and then froze in place.. eekekk people.. sweetheart look at your family who are you most like Moms side or Dads or combination of both.. me I am like my Pop he is like his Mom and her 5 sisters why am I heavy partly no exercise I come from old farm family of hard work .. my hubby has been ill for over 6 years.. so I have spent a lot of time in front of the computer. watching him.. logging information and chatting on face book and playing games... my friend sheri is a writer and got really heavy and started doing this.. turned me to this app.. I have lost 1 pound a week for a total of 2 pounds.. have been on this app for 3 weeks now.. I do watch what I eat always have but now have a great team to cheer me on for exercise.. that helps... I hope to go from 210 pound 5 foot 6 inches to 180 pounds that has been my weight most of my adult life.. when I had cancer I dropped to 160 the hospital staff was afraid I would get to thin ahahahahahahahah nope in a years time I had gone from the 165 to 180.. felt better and had more energy.. but then I help push cars shovel side walks and run kids and dogs in a park.. do what you need to to be healthy and happy for the two are your biggest reasons for life.. good luck see you around the pedal bike hugs a Lady Clown Milwaukee WI

Hi. I'm glad to hear you've had success with MFP and hope the community continues to be helpful for you. I am sorry to hear about your battle with cancer but I think it's great you've obviously become very focused on your health :)

I agree that most people will believe whatever they like. You certainly see plenty of that around here!
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member

FRIENDSHIP ACTIVATED

Cheers! :-)
  • sserf
    sserf Posts: 5
    I loved your answer.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    I've had to go in and school them.

Cue the special snowflake replies of
    EVERY HUMAN BODY IS DIFFERENT, THE CONVENTIONAL METHOD THAT ADHERES TO SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES DOES NOT WORK FOR ME BECAUSE I AM A MAGIC UNICORN SPACE PRINCESS.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    An FB page that I frequent posted a fan question about weight loss.

I just had to share some of the comment replies. (All are copied direct so excuse any spelling/grammar)

don't eat carbs so avoid pastas and bread try an avoid too much dairy and halve your meals as said above maybe try six smaller meals throughout the day instead of 3

No carbs or dairy after 3 pm and your meat portions the size of your palm

Cardio and Yoga and a thing called Plexus Slim. 13kg lost for me.

I had plateaued for months also u then tryed plexus slim.. amazing in 3 months I lost 11kg by just having plexus of a morning. You can buy it here.. @the slimming pink drink or inbox me for details. X

Green juice detox, stick with it for 4 weeks, it'll help flush out your system :)

reduce or get rid of gulten containing foods from you're diet hard but well worth it :-)

GEEZ i cant believe people have to pick on peoples spelling all the time!!! its the internet get over it!!!!!! Your comment is not helpful so don't bother leaving it!!! u could always try the HCG diet its 23-40 days long and pretty intense but u loose roughly 0.5-1 kg a day IF u follow it to the letter! no exercise needed and in fact you are encouraged not to exercise due to the nature of the diet check it out at http://www.ahcg.com.au/buy-hcg-drops/ Good Luck!

I did the rapid detox it's 48 hours lost like 5 kg but they recommend only use it once a month

You forgot the death diet - decomposing aids in weight loss.....be sure not to use embalming fluid
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I AM A MAGIC UNICORN SPACE PRINCESS.

Well, we all know that is BS. I am the magic unicorn space princess.
  • Mutant13
    I AM A MAGIC UNICORN SPACE PRINCESS.

Well, we all know that is BS. I am the magic unicorn space princess.

Silly Darren you're the MAJESTIC magic unicorn space princess. Its almost the same but you get a cool hat
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,855 Member
    DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!!

This was from the 24/7 MOMs page on facebook:

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

Shampoo Warning! I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."

No wonder I have been gaining weight! Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
  • Mutant13
    Love it acpgee! :D
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!!

This was from the 24/7 MOMs page on facebook:

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

Shampoo Warning! I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."

No wonder I have been gaining weight! Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

bwahaha … This one always makes me laugh!
  • @acpgee
    that was too funny:laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I unfortunately gained 5 lb from reading all that fat-head diet advice :sad:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

Do you think the person who wrote it pronounces it gulten as well?