8 pounds left! (progress pics)

Hi everyone! I've been using MyFitnessPal since January to help with my weight loss journey, and it has really kept me on track! I want to start being active in the discussions to help support others and keep myself motivated as well!

I was never heavy as a kid until I spent time with my aunt and established an intense love for her "junk food cabinet." Since then, I always struggled with my weight. Middle school, high school, and as a freshman in college. Every diet plan, pill, shake, you name it, I've tried it. I was on Weight Watchers at ten years old. I have always been relatively confident, but I just wasn't as comfortable as I wanted to be. Always very self-conscious of my arms and would imagine my "dream body." I knew something inside needed to change.:ohwell:

I started watching what I ate my sophomore year in college.. But in January of this year, right after getting engaged, my fiance said he didn't want me to wear a dress with sleeves in our wedding. He knew the only reason I wanted sleeves was because I really disliked having my arms showing at all, ever. He loved me for me, and I should love me for me, too. And I thought..well, I'll just have to lose some weight then! At my heaviest, I was at 180.. But was probably near 170 in January. I gave myself the goal weight of 149 pounds - I couldn't ever remember being under 150. I hit that goal over the summer, and am currently weighing in at 134 pounds. My ultimate goal weight is 125, but I am so happy with my accomplishments, I am not sure what to do with myself.. lol :smile:

I don't follow an overly strict diet plan,and I actually don't workout often. I get one "cheat meal" a week - and I don't drink alcohol, period. I actually fear drinking, so I guess that's an advantage for weight-loss. I'm currently working, training for another job, a full-time college student, and about to start planning a wedding for next year.. I have anxiety and must get an adequate amount of sleep or I have a hard time controlling my nerves.. so sacrificing sleep for the gym doesn't cut it.. I also have HS disease, and it seems every time I get into working out heavily, I have a flareup. But that's no excuse for not eating healthy or just staying active! It's not only great for my body, but my mind too. :)

My body is my body, and it will never look like anyone else's body - because it's mine! I feel great and I'm excited to keep seeing results. I am glad I stuck with it and will continue to do so.

If I can ever be of any motivation or help to anyone, I will gladly lend an ear or any advice that has worked for me. :drinker:

Have a great day y'all. :happy:

Fotor01027120011_zps3f66e5dc.png

995767_10151840156993478_1363008579_n_zps6b872abf.jpg

1238024_10151934005103478_1039027645_n_zps325d8884.jpg

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    You've done the hard part, and you look great.
    Best wishes for the last 8 pounds
    and the wedding planning!
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I wish the wedding planning would do everything on it's own, but we're too cheap for a planner!

Best wishes to you as well.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    you look great, well done.. good luck on the last 8lbs
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    You look amazing! Good luck with the last 8lb :)
  • squishybarb
    Thanks! Good luck to you both as well!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Wonderful transformation!

My goal is 125lbs too :)
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    You've done great!
  • BlueEyedGirl2013
    BlueEyedGirl2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Wow! Fantastic job... U look great (:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Great work.
  • RaeFlemett
    RaeFlemett Posts: 16 Member
    You look great! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pics. Best wishes on the marriage and reaching your goals!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    You look FABULOUS! Hard work does pay off, and YOU DID IT! Congrats!! Best wishes to you ~
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    You look fabulous! Great job!
  • Schonprinzessin
    Schonprinzessin Posts: 15 Member
    So inspirational! You look great! Keep up the good work girl, good luck with the last 8 lbs :)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    You look Awesome!!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Great job!! You are beautiful...thanks for sharing your story:flowerforyou:
  • Ashleygrand86
    Ashleygrand86 Posts: 35 Member
    What an inspiration! xx
  • CLL1001
    CLL1001 Posts: 40 Member
    Great job on your success and good luck with your last 8 lbs!
  • Those last 8 pounds I'm sure they gonna be easy, you have already done the hardest part.
    Congratulations, you've gone so far, I'm so proud and inspired of your hard work :drinker:
  • squishybarb
    Geez, thanks for all of the happiness. :embarassed: :love:

I always felt a little selfish to be proud of what I look like, but I just cant shake how good it feels to feel good! lol

Now, if I can just lose these last several pounds while trying to force my "girls" to stick around, they've nearly vanished.... I do miss them dearly.. :sad: :sad: :sad: loll
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Amazing loss and you look fabulous! Well done! Thanks for posting!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!