Has Anyone Tried the 3-Day Fruit Flush Diet?

Options
I just came across the 3-Day Fruit Flush Diet by Jay Robb. Basically, Day 1 you drink a 6-oz protein shake every 2 hours from 8am-4pm, and then you have a big salad for dinner at 6. Then Days 2&3 you have a serving of fruit every 2 hours from 8am-4pm, then the same big salad at 6. The salads can have any fresh veggies you want, up to 1 tablespoon of olive oil for dressing, and can have either some lean protein OR 1/2 an avocado.

The diet claims that you'll lose 8-10 pounds in 3 days, which seems a little ridiculous. But I've been watching some YouTube reviews, and they really have lost all that weight, but I'm sure the majority is just water weight that will come back.

Anyways...has anyone tried this diet before? What were your results like?

If I did this diet for 3 days a week (Mon/Tue/Wed) and then followed a normal 1,200 calorie died (40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat) for the other 4 days, what kind of results do you think I would get?

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat normally so I can think and feel normally. I'm fine with losing weight at a steady rate.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    What exactly is this supposed to flush?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I just came across the 3-Day Fruit Flush Diet by Jay Robb. Basically, Day 1 you drink a 6-oz protein shake every 2 hours from 8am-4pm, and then you have a big salad for dinner at 6. Then Days 2&3 you have a serving of fruit every 2 hours from 8am-4pm, then the same big salad at 6. The salads can have any fresh veggies you want, up to 1 tablespoon of olive oil for dressing, and can have either some lean protein OR 1/2 an avocado.

The diet claims that you'll lose 8-10 pounds in 3 days, which seems a little ridiculous. But I've been watching some YouTube reviews, and they really have lost all that weight, but I'm sure the majority is just water weight that will come back.

Anyways...has anyone tried this diet before? What were your results like?

If I did this diet for 3 days a week (Mon/Tue/Wed) and then followed a normal 1,200 calorie died (40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat) for the other 4 days, what kind of results do you think I would get?
    And let me guess, they sell you that protein shake that you're having every two hours? :laugh: Don't bother.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    According to Amazon:
    The Fruit Flush™ is a Great Way to:
    •Lose Up To 9 Pounds In 3 Days!
    •Break Food Addiction! :huh:
    •Kick-start a new diet or exercise program!:huh:
    •Get ready for a wedding, cruise, vacation!

And they DO sell the shakes and supplements. :laugh: Knew it!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't do it.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Might work, because you might **** out 8-10 pounds of water weight. It won't kill you so if you're curious give it a shot. Just don't think that this is sustainable for the long term.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Looks like your guts, lol
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    doesn't sound promising...sorry:noway:
  • Tweetygirl07
    Tweetygirl07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a good idea. Stick with the 1200 and you will do fine :smile:
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fad diets don't work. I'm basically a fruiterian so I will tell you that eating clean fruits and veggies will keep you in great shape, but this is not a diet- it's a lifestyle!
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Steve Jobs heard that diet too and died of pancreatic cancer..why can't you just eat normal and what on earth fruit diet is giving you apart from crazy amount of sugar?
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Probably, the entire contents of your intestines.....down the toilet!!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Personally if I'm going for a flush, I prefer the 3 day Chili flush diet.... it is sure to clean you out :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elfo
    Options
    Steve Jobs heard that diet too and died of pancreatic cancer..why can't you just eat normal and what on earth fruit diet is giving you apart from crazy amount of sugar?

Get your facts straight Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer not from eating fruit that actually delayed his cancer for a long time. As for eating "normal" fruits and vegetables are normal the processed food people eat today is NOT normal. You haven't even asked what I eat so don't be so quick to judge. Everyone eats sugar- glucose- every food gets converted into glucose, so why not start with what nature intended us to eat. I look great and feel amazing - that's what the lifestyle has given me- since you asked. THANKS- peace, love and seasonal fruit :-*
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Get your facts straight Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer not from eating fruit that actually delayed his cancer for a long time. As for eating "normal" fruits and vegetables are normal the processed food people eat today is NOT normal. You haven't even asked what I eat so don't be so quick to judge. Everyone eats sugar- glucose- every food gets converted into glucose, so why not start with what nature intended us to eat. I look great and feel amazing - that's what the lifestyle has given me- since you asked. THANKS- peace, love and seasonal fruit :-*
    I look great too, lost 100 lbs eating normal food. I am going to keep my lovely figure..you are on the way to make a mess in your body, but since you know better, good luck.
  • elfo
    Options
    Educate yourself before you go bashing people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81xnvgOlHaY
  • elfo
    Options

I look great too, lost 100 lbs eating normal food. I am going to keep my lovely figure..you are on the way to make a mess in your body, but since you know better, good luck.

Right because fruits and veggies hurt people - somehow I missed that lesson in nutrition school
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Nature intended humans to only eat fruit? Please stop the nonsense.

It is very irresponsible of you to promote a way of eating that is very difficult to do in a healthy manner (if there even is a way to be healthy eating only fruit, aka sugar) and that is potentially life threatening. I have seen only 2 fruitarians in my life. They were certainly slim, but they were also certainly extremely sickly. I'm sure there's probably a few exceptions, but "healthy fruitarian" is an oxymoron.

Anyway, OP, I think you would have much better results if you find a lifestyle based on food that you enjoy and that keeps you feeling healthy and satiated. What is the point of trying to shock your system just to lose 10 pounds of water as quick as possible? I just don't get it.
  • elfo
    Options
    I don't just eat fruits. I eat a ton of veggies as well and limited nuts and seeds. Sometimes I'll have grains as well. There are olympians and super athletes that eat this way. Of course there's unhealthy ways to do anything, but I eat the rainbow and as much as I want. AND YES I LOVE WHAT I EAT AND AM SATISFIED. I get a ton of vitamins and minerals and feel AMAZING.
    Sugar is only bad if you have fat. Anyway- I'm done posting here- if anyone actually has real questions rather than bashing without asking questions- send me a message.