No where near target calories and stuffed...

Options
So I'm no where near where I'm supposed to be at calorie wise. I often find I meet my macros with still a good 200-300 calories to go. Today I'm feeling very full and am over 500 calories away. Do you guys have any advice what I could eat to balance out my macros (I often go above carbs/protein) and hit my caloric goal easier? I don't want to feel stuffed constantly and be spending a ton of money on food!

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem .. always having trouble finding enough calories.

I just read on the forums and lots of people recommended almonds. So I went with it. So most days .. I have a few oz of almonds to meet my calories.

I know about the price of food .. my food budget is just crazy. It seems I am always buying food these days.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    I was thinking nuts. Might do that :) I do like almonds!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    whow, opposite problem I have...I can ALWAYS eat more then I should..hence being a tad overweight!!

how about fat bombs, almonds, natural peanut butter, dried fruit, avocado, granola, etc......
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I was thinking nuts. Might do that :) I do like almonds!

Assuming you're not vegan, you can also try things like full-fat milk, yogurt or ice cream. I can easily hit calories with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream :laugh: You can eat eggs.

Peanut butter's a good way to go as well
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Huh, not a problem I ever have. :tongue: I didn't get to be 300lbs by not being able to find enough calories. And I'm never "stuffed" when I'm eating at a deficit that day. I just don't get it. Eat, enjoy. :drinker:
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    whow, opposite problem I have...I can ALWAYS eat more then I should..hence being a tad overweight!!

how about fat bombs, almonds, natural peanut butter, dried fruit, avocado, granola, etc......
    Hahaha same!! Nuts are your best friends. Peanut butter, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, macadamia nuts. Super healthy for you, and they help you get closer to your calorie, fat, and protein goals. :happy:
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'll second all the calorie dense suggestions: nuts, full-fat dairy, etc.

Do you tend to use a lot of non-fat or low-fat substitutes for regular foods? Like low/non fat cheese or salad dressing? If so then maybe start using the full fat versions instead so you don't find yourself having to eat extra at the end of the day. Dietary fat is good for you, you shouldn't avoid it if you don't have to.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    I am having skimmed milk atm so I might opt for full fat and get some almonds in. I also use olive oil...

I'm struggling to keep a good macro balance and hit my target. I usually go way above my macros before I hit my caloric target. Now changed my macros to 40/40/20 so we will see...

Thanks for all the help!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you're full, you're full. Stuffing yourself to meet an arbitrary number for macros or calories strikes me as completely contrary to the point of all this.

IMO, etc.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Huh, not a problem I ever have. :tongue: I didn't get to be 300lbs by not being able to find enough calories. And I'm never "stuffed" when I'm eating at a deficit that day. I just don't get it. Eat, enjoy. :drinker:
    In every one of these "I can't eat enough" threads that I've seen (and there are a lot) it's because the OP has decided that all foods are either 'good' or 'bad' and is scared to death to eat anything outside the very small selection of 'good' foods which all have a very low calorie density.

(So basically they've gone from one extreme and unhealthy way of eating to a different extreme and unhealthy way of eating.)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary you either don't track half the time or you're way over so I'm not sure where your problem comes into play here. Unless you have a specific goal in mind I'd forget the macros and concentrate more on logging all your food and staying in budget every day.