Protein powders with no added fake sugars?

Options
QuietBloom
QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
Every fake sweetener out there (including Stevia) messes with my stomach big time. The sugar alcohols - forget it. Sucralose - the worst. :sick:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good plain protein powder? I'm not a big meat eater, and am having trouble hitting my protein macro.

TIA:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tbay789
    tbay789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi
    i don't know if you can get this whey protein in the USA, as i live in England but i use Pulsin natural whey protein, which is 74 cals per 20g with 19g of protein it's gluten free non- GM with no added sugar or sweeteners and it's made using hormone free milk from grass fed cows
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I found whey without added sugars on GNC, but not sure if they still have them.
    I wasn't able to purchase some because I still had quite a bit left of my own.
    Will go check and update this post if I find it again.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I like Garden of Life (blend of sprouted grain, seed, rice and bean) and Nutribiotic rice protein powder. NOW egg white protein is also good and contains only powdered egg whites.
  • katieisaprincess93
    Options
    I usually get Trader Joe's brand soy protein powder. It doesn't have any added sugars or anything (you can get plain or vanilla flavor). I've also gotten Vitamin Shoppe brand "Soy-Free Vegetable Protein", which also doesn't have any added sugars (unflavored). today I wanted to switch it up, and I got some unsweetened/unflavored hemp protein from Vitamin Shoppe. I haven't tried it yet, but the reviews say that it's pretty good. I'm pretty sure I've seen some good sugar-free ones at Whole Foods too. I'm a vegan, so I only use soy, vegetable, or hemp protein. I'm sure you could find some sugar-free whey protein if you looked. It might be a little more expensive than the stuff with all the additives, but it's definitely worth it.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I use The Organic Whey (www.theorganicwhey.com). It's all organic/natural with no artificial ingredients and zero added anything (including sugar).
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    wow, was just browsing to see if there was anything posted about this!

Just came from Sam's...the ones I looked at had mile long ingredient lists, and sugar was right at the top of the list.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with you. Splenda and sugar alcohols give me issues as well. I can't use Whey Protein Isolate as it spikes my reactive hypo or else I would suggest it. Health N Fit egg protein is what I use. I also switch it up with Garden of Life raw protein or just buy more eggs from my local farmer from time to time.
  • mobosco
    mobosco Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use Biotrust, low carb and tastes great!