losing 2.2 lbs in 3 days

gomezsac
gomezsac Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone!!!

Okay so heres is my question i walk everyday for 1 hr to 1 1/4 hr a day and I eat less than 1300 cal a day, so is it possible to lose 2.2 lbs in 3 days or is there something wrong with my scale. I weighted myself on Monday morning, then again today and it said i had lost that much weigth I couldn't believe it, so I weight myself 4 different times.

So Im just wondering if i should get a more accurate scale. Can anyone let me know if this is possible?

Replies

• TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    When I had my big weight loss a few years back I could go as high as a pound a day, so yes, it's possible. It really depends, because you never gave your starting weight. If you have a lot to lose and made big changes, then it's not unreasonable at first to drop quite quickly, but don't expect it to stay that way.
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    It's possible if you've just begun your weight loss journey, or if you've been drinking more water than usual and just cut down on soda and sodium.
    It probably just water weight, and maybe when you first weighed yourself your bladder or stomach was full, and the next time it wasn't.
    Lots of things can make this (wonderful) thing happen! I doubt it's your scales being dodgy.
    Keep it up!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Most people can fluctuate by 2-3 pounds in the same day due to time, water retention, undigested food, etc. So your scale is probably not wrong but you also probably didn't lose 2.2 pounds in 3 days as to lose 1 pound you need to burn 3500 more calories than you consume so in 3 days to lose 2.2 pounds you would have had to burn 7700 more calories than you consumed. so if you consumed 4000 cals you would have had to burn 11,700 to lose that much "actual" weight.

Try weighing yourself once a week only on the same day, at the same time after you wake up and use the washroom, this will give you the most accurate picture of your progress.
This discussion has been closed.