First Time Ever!

Options
This is the first time ever that I could not wait to see my doctor. I take meds to control my hypertension so with meds my BP is 140/80 without meds my BP was 160/110 which was critically high. Now that I have included P90X into my workouts along with my normal routines, my BP stays around 120/62! I normally visit my doctor every three months for a check up on my health and I own her a visit in a few weeks.

Replies

• trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    that is great. Keep up the good work. Let your body be a sanctuary and not a prison! You are definitely making great strides to achieve this!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Glad to hear you're getting you BP under control. Good luck!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I wouldn't say I look forward to going to see the Doc. But I'm a lot less likely to put off going if I need to, because I don't want to hear about my weight while they are fixing the reason I went there in the first place.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    thats great news!
  • rhoward66
    rhoward66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome...I experienced very much the same thing with my blood pressure and P90X
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    Great! I do Insanity (also by Beach Body). I have never tried P90X but I have heard lots of great things. keep up the good work!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, way to go getting that B/P down
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yay for your health. Keep up the GREAT work. I am sure your doctor will be very proud of you.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great work, you should be really proud of yourself. I know how difficult it is to get the BP down my was always about 160/90 and last time I went to see the doc it was 90/60. Keep it up, you're doing great! :happy:
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!