How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• cardiogirl
    Options
    Once a day, basically at the same time each day -- after I exercise, right before I take a shower. I'm not sure this is the best method, but it's what I do.
  • Roboguy
    Roboguy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want. But I only log in what I weigh on Wednesday mornings.
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I am definitely in the minority. But it's been about a month and I haven't weighed myself yet. But only because I don't have a scale! I have gone down one pants size though and I can see some weight loss already. I've started measuring myself which is more important than what a scale has to say about me. :laugh:
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Since water in our bodies change our weight during the course of the day, it better to weigh as soon as you wake up and try to do it at the same time before a meal or drink.
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    I agree with Shawna! Way too many people are focused on the scale instead of their actual visible results. Like it won't matter that you dropped 2 pant sizes if you don't like what the scale has to say. I weigh myself once a week to once a month - depending on my goals. I MEASURE myself once a week though.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day. It's like an addiction, but I only weigh in once a week on MFP. I just like to see what the number on the scale says. Makes me work harder if it hasn't budged all week before weigh-in.

Me too... I know, I know it's the wrong focus and what-not but I don't care. I measure every 2 weeks or so.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I don't need no stinking scale...just a mirror!!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I don't need no stinking scale...just a mirror!!!!

Mirrors do not work for everyone, a lot of people still see themselves as big in their reflection even if they have lost many pounds. The mind is a powerful tool, but it can trick you, making you think you see something that is not there rather than reality, hence why scales and the tape measure if vitally important for some people.

To the OP I weigh and measure myself once per week, sometimes Friday, sometimes Saturday, once it was even a Sunday :laugh: