After dinner sweets!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I love having something sweet after dinner, so I allow for it in my calories. No problems.
  • bease418
    bease418 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I budget 100 calories for Klondike ice cream sandwich. Works for me. Try to get away fromm diet sugars that helped me with my cravings.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    We buy bags of snack size chocolate and i usually allow myself one after dinner. It is typically 80 calories but it stops the sweet craving for me.
  • hdsnyd
    hdsnyd Posts: 1
    Options
    The fiber one brownies are great and only 90 calories. The have chocolate, chocolate chip, peanut butter/chocolate, lemon and coffee cake. They are all good and don't ruin your diet. I always try to buget for a little something sweet after dinner.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I always crave something sweet after I eat, especially after dinner. You need to find something that satisfies you that you won't go crazy on. I make a blended iced cappuccino. 155 calories and very satisfying. What about yogurt? There are some pretty decadent yogurts out there.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my food everyday and PLAN for a treat at the end of the day. That way I'm not depriving myself, I have something to look forward to every day, and I have an incentive to follow my plan all day to make sure I don't have to take the planned treat away from myself.
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello cup w 2 tbsp lite cool whip= 30 cal

This! ^^
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calories for the day, I say eat what you like within reason. I had 3 doughnuts today seeing as I had alot of calories left over. I had 800cals then had 600cals of amazing custard doughnuts this evening. I enjoy treats more if I fit them in and work my day around them
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    300 calories left after dinner? Ice Cream!!! 1/2 cup of Bluebell is 180 calories, a little chocolate syrup, say, 80 calories, and you are good to go at 260 calories! Now, thats a plan.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Who says you can't eat something sweet everyday? Just budget some calories for your dessert & enjoy.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    There is a false dichotomy presented by many in the diet industry - you can be skinny, or you can enjoy food/life.

You can do both. You just have to learn moderation.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    There are some great suggestions here already.

I often plan calories for a dessert of some type. I find that something "sweet" after dinner is a signal that I need. Days when I don't have anything left over for dessert tend to be days when I have a stronger urge to snack until bedtime. Diets/ calorie counting/ or weightloss plans are only as effected as you make them. If you try to do something that doesn't fit with you and your lifestyle, your chances of success are lowered and they are a lot more work. Ultimately, it has to be something that works FOR YOU. Success is planned, you might need to save a few calories for a nightly treat even if its small and symbolic.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if I should try and cut out sweets altogether,

Absolutely not, unless your doctor tells you to or you feel absolutely horrible (physically) after you eat them. Otherwise, it's all about portion control.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Try to get away fromm diet sugars that helped me with my cravings.

It's interesting you say this. I used to be big on Sweet and Low, then Splenda, and then Stevia, and I was always craving sugar. Now I don't use any of the artificial sweeteners and my sugar cravings have all but disappeared. I use Agave nectar in my coffee in the AM only, or to make chocolate syrup for vanilla Cocoanut Frozen Dairy Desert, but I use fruit to sweeten my oatmeal in the morning.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I find a little something sweet "closes out" my meals and they feel complete. It's like my sweet smoke signal to the brain letting it know that I'm finished. :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    At around 9 every night I have a small square of Ritter chocolate (35 calories) or a quarter cup of my favorite ice cream. Gets rid of the sweet urge, not too many calories.