is it possible to change the calorie allowance ?

Options
is it possible to change the calorie allowance from 1200 to 1000 ? thats my allowance at the mo as I am on cambridge weight plan .

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    you can change it in your goals
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    No - you should be eating NO LESS that 1200 a day.
    1000 a day is not healthy. You will go into starvaion mode and your body will hold onto the fat instead of losing it.
  • amanda30ronan
    Options
    1000 a day is not healthy. You will go into starvaion mode and your body will hold onto the fat instead of losing it.

I'm on the cambridge diet plan and currently working up the plans ,
  • amanda30ronan
    Options

thank u !! have done it x
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Trust me you don't want to go there!! Even while ill I was unable to maintain many cals and I gained 10 lbs from lack of being able to eat much. Crimeny, what a shocker that was, 5 lbs. one week, 5 three weeks later when I saw her again. My body was getting nervous without food coming in so was hanging onto the weight for dear life. Now I have to get those lbs. back off and settle my bodies fears back down.:grumble: :tongue:

I highly suggest not going under 1200 as that's the very minimun our body needs to function.:flowerforyou:

Cheers to your success:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

I remember doing the Cambridge dieat eons ago, I imagine it's changed over the years. Is that the one you drink shakes and powered soups (liquid diet)? Oh my, I recall taking hot water and soup power and shaking it with a lid on. :noway: Not a good thing unless you're pretty sure you want to climb on a chair to wipe the soup offa the ceiling!:laugh: I never gave it thought it fly outta the container like that. Oh well, those days are over.
  • amanda30ronan
    Options

I remember doing the Cambridge dieat eons ago, I imagine it's changed over the years. Is that the one you drink shakes and powered soups (liquid diet)? Oh my, I recall taking hot water and soup power and shaking it with a lid on. :noway: Not a good thing unless you're pretty sure you want to climb on a chair to wipe the soup offa the ceiling!:laugh: I never gave it thought it fly outta the container like that. Oh well, those days are over.

lol well i cant stand the soups so have the ready made shakes and choc bars ! plus 2 meals per day !
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Ok - that sounds horid. Do you stay on that for good?
    Is it for heath reasons?
    Yikes! Guess I like real food too much.....
    Good luck with that!