You Are Your Own Gym levels?

Options
I just started using this app on my phone to do some beginning strength training. I'm a normal and healthy weight and run 2-4 times a week but I've never done any sort of strength training. Please don't tell me to lift heavy and forget the app - I'm planning on doing that eventually but I can use this app in my tiny room with no equipment or transportation and that's what I need right now.

I started with the beginner level for the training program, and I am generally able to perform the exercises to the set # of reps (36) within the time limit. Certain exercises I do stop early, but I can get at least 25-30 reps in of everything. Does this mean that I should go up a level? I know that light weights and high reps don't garner a lot of results, so I'm looking to see if the same goes for bodyweight exercises. And if I do go up, what # of reps should I be able to do before exhaustion to get the best results? It does a "ladder" program where you do one rep then rest then two, then three, then four, then three, two, etc over and over again until the time runs out. I'm completely clueless at the moment, so any help is appreciated!