Honesty

Options
2»

Replies

• ellencandoit
    Options
    I suffer as you do. I fight with food all the times. Grab life and happiness when you start to grab food. Grave happiness not food.
    I am an addicted to food but it is my fears and anxiety. I can do this....I can do this. Make sure you log your food and eat your meals and hunger will go away. the emotional hunger is the hardest.....I KNOW. Ellen
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    Many of us struggle as emotional eaters, no one eats that much food just cause they are hungry.

I discovered yesterday through 'journaling' on here that when I reach for food when I am emotional it is because I am seeking pleasure and comfort, currently food is the vice that does that for me.

Part of MY goal is to find ways to enjoy pleasure and receive comfort in other ways so that I don't always reach for food.

So many people have vices, addictions that they use to hide their emotions, numb their emotions, stuff their emotions, find comfort, solace, pleasure.

Eating just happens to be ours, we deserve the same journey of discover and healing as any other addict does.

I can completely relate to the feeling of shame that sets in once I have slowed down from the binge. Learn to treat yourself with the same respect you treat loved ones, be nice, caring and supportive to yourself the same way you would someone you love.

It doesn;t happen overnight but it does start with that moment of realization and honesty that you displayed in your post.

Good luck
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    The Mood Cure and The Diet Cure by Julia Ross.

These books are about overcoming where you are at today.
    Thanks Hon! Definitely will look them up, I'm all about reading for enlightenment and learning more about healthy and emotional wellbeing that comes along with it!

How are you doing on your Food changes, they working well for you? I do hope so! It's hard to feel stuck, so hopefully things are looking up for you Lioness:flowerforyou:

Thanks for asking!!!

Things are looking up for me, my doctor and I had to get extreme in the short term, but its working and I am feeling better.