I got the greatest compliment yesterday!

Options
lisalynn35
lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
I went out to lunch with a girlfriend that I haven't seen in months and the first thing she said was, "Wow, look at how skinny you are!" I actually looked behind me for the person she was actually talking to. Me, skinny? Well not really, I still have a long way to go but comparatively speaking I am a lot smaller than I was the last time we saw each other. She grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "Even this way, how did you narrow out your shoulders? And, your face! You look totally different!" I must say, it has been a long time since I have received compliments, especially about how skinny I look, it felt so good. Some times a little validation for all the hard work I have put into losing this weight is really, really nice.

And thanks to all my MFP friends who give me that validation everyday, you guys rock the house! This is a support system like no other. I have tried other calorie counting, exercise tracking sites and have never received this kind of positive reinforcement. You guys are such a huge part of my day to day life and I have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks my friends, thanks.

Replies

• sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You have had awesome weightloss...WTG!! That will be the first of many compliments I'm sure.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!!
  • zoeco33
    zoeco33 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is amazing- you should hold you head very high!
  • raeannefowler
    Options
    Wow, you really do look great! I can't believe that that's the first compliment that you have recieved!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is awesome to hear. And you have done such an amazing job and of course you've changed! It's always great when others acknowledge our accomplishments.

Keep up the excellent work ;-)
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You are so right about MFP and the people here! ~ ABSOLUTELY AMAZING JOB LADY!!!
    : )
  • browneyedmom
    Options
    yes you have done an AMAZING job! I too LOVE this site. I have gotten so much out of it! Even my husband has noticed a new attitude!! I just can't wait until he starts noticing the weight loss :)
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Well done Miss Skinny ribs LOL! What an inspiration you are.Many , many congratulations on the weight loss to date & good luck on your journey. I just know you will get there. You look sooo pretty.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    What a sweet friend you have! You really are a BEAUTIFUL woman, I must say I'm envious of your dark features and excellent facial bone structure. Even though you are still a ways away from your goal, you have made an outstanding transformation of your body so far and it is incredibly noticeable. I bet everyone that knows you is proud of you!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    that is soo great! When she grabbed you by the shoulders and complimented that and your face I think I would have cried! You are doing such a tremendous job and learning how to maintain that weight loss is going to be in your future soon!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I know that felt really good!!! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: You are truly an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lisa! That is so awesome!!! You deserve the compliments!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    WE LOVE YOU LISA!!! You are such an inspiration to us!!! THANK YOU :)
  • Judydool
    Options
    Kudos on your dedication and accomplishments! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!