Ways to avoid snacking on junk

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have a problem with snacking on junk. I usually don't, but just recently, I started craving sweets. It's really hindering my weight loss and I was wondering if any of you have strategies to combat it. Anything would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it and then you wont be able to snack on it.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    LOL, not going to say the first thought that came to mind.

Anyway, if you decide that you MUST have it, have someone else near you that is willing to help you eat it (buy the smallest you can buy) and share :)
    It works for me and I maintain within my calorie zone.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it and then you wont be able to snack on it.

^ My personal strategy as well. Stock the house with healthy stuff to eat and when you get hungry, all you can eat is healthy stuff, problem solved.
  • janiehester
    Options
    Two weeks ago I started eating healthy and exerciseing. I cut out sweets completely I mean NONE at all however I do miss my soda. It wasnt realy hard at all because I want to lose the weight sooooooo bad in the next few months. If I can do it you can cause I got to the point of eating nothing but sweets, Candy, cake, cupcakes. iccream, all kinds of pies...with wipcream and it all went by by once I made that discion. You can too........
  • dmlas777
    Options
    The house is filled with healthy food. it's mainly a problem when I'm not at home,
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to have a little bit, because I know if I try to totally cut it out I will be bingeing on it in a few weeks. So, whatever I am craving, I have it, log it, and think nothing more of it. I know this may not work for some people, but it works pretty well for me.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I work on saying "No" or I tell myself I am allergic to it, or I saw a bug on it, or I heard people got sick from it. Childish, but it works. I also make sure to carry a snack, apples, almonds, carrot sticks, etc. Sometimes I tell myself "how will that help you reach your goal?" and it's been working.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, don't buy it keep it out of reach. If you have the self control then by all means eat a little bit of it , for me if I don't have it around I feel like I'm not missing out and enjoy my apple instead.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I am so glad that I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    The house is filled with healthy food. it's mainly a problem when I'm not at home,

Small portions, either way. Add it to your food diary :)

:laugh: :laugh: I am so glad that I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.
    LOL, ikr? XD
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have planned higher-calorie days where I go to maintenance or above. Once a week, once every couple of weeks, whatever works. I know I have that day to look forward to, so it makes it a lot easier to say no the rest of the time. The whole "have a little" thing doesn't satisfy me. If I'm having a junk-food night, I'm going all out.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Being unprepared makes me more likely to reach for the bad stuff. If I forget to pack anything to snack on at work, I'm STARVING by about 11am and just have to grab 2 or 3 biscuits out of the jar when I make a cup of tea.

Today I'm actually organised and have brought some mandarins and boiled eggs for snacks. Easy and tasty. More satisfying/filling than crappy dry Arrowroot biscuits.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't because otherwise I have no calories left for dinner and I'll be starving. So I have a little bit then stop. Nobody else but yourself can make yourself accountable to your diary.