STARTING LIFTING

Options
I am starting a heavy lifting program with a trainer this week. I am 1.62m (5ft 3) tall and weigh betwen 53 and 54 kg (about 118lb). I don't really have a goal weight and have had some results from pilates and exercise dvd's. I however love the results I've seen other people have with lifting and am very excited to try it myself. My TDEE is around 1700 calories. Should be eating at TDEE or below? Please help as this is all very new to me!

Replies

• rachael1805
    rachael1805 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert, really only learning about this myself, but when you input numbers into scooby calculator under the option of building muscle and losing fat- it keeps your calories at TDEE, ie. with no defecit.

If you do want to lose fat, I would create a small deficit, maybe TDEE-15%, but no more than that as you want the energy to lift heavy and fuel your body.

But if you want to do a bulk, then a cut, you should be adding onto your TDEE for a period of time before a cut.

I would use the scooby calculator- it's quite accurate supposedly- input your numbers, goals, exercise pattern and it will give you a pretty accurate number.

Please correct me if I have this wrong :)
  • aryan007
    Options
    I am starting a heavy lifting program with a trainer this week. I am 1.62m (5ft 3) tall and weigh betwen 53 and 54 kg (about 118lb). I don't really have a goal weight and have had some results from pilates and exercise dvd's. I however love the results I've seen other people have with lifting and am very excited to try it myself. My TDEE is around 1700 calories. Should be eating at TDEE or below? Please help as this is all very new to me!

To gain weight = calorie surplus
    To loose weight = calorie deficit
    To maintain weight = Eat according to TDEE.

What should be the macronutrients like ? You have to research about that.