Just found out my water had calories! Ha.

Options
I'm not a big water drinker. I do try though. My other half brought me some flavored water a while ago and I really liked it, so that stuck and it got lots easier, about 2-3 weeks ago I found one I really liked a peach flavored bottled water 1.5L.

I like it warm and bottled as it gives me a goal to get through 1 or 2 a day, me and my son have been poorly last 2 days so haven't eaten except some toast and lots of fluid, just so happens my son pointed to the side of the bottle yesterday after we napped and asked "whats that" (he's 3) so I looked it was the calories/sugar ect content.

250ml contains - 51calories & 12g of sugar. I could of died. I've been consuming an extra 300-600 calories in WATER every day for past couple weeks. Eek - that'll teach me! Stupid thing is, I usually check, no idea why I didn't this time. Usually have around 5 calories in a serving as opposed to 50, and oh my the sugar.

Just a warning out there incase anyone else makes a silly like me! Best to check no matter what it is, nothing is ever the same!

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Ouch, that can be a total downer. I'm glad you caught it, rather than not. Imagine if you didn't bother looking at all, how dreadful that would have been :o!!!
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've not know any flavoured water not to have calories..... it's like adding squash to it. Flavoured water also tends to be sweeter too. Buy squash instead and make a weaker solution.
  • JamiesMummyX
    JamiesMummyX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Will be checking religiously now! X
  • JamiesMummyX
    Options
    I've not know any flavoured water not to have calories..... it's like adding squash to it. Flavoured water also tends to be sweeter too. Buy squash instead and make a weaker solution.

Bottle I'm drinking at the moment has 6 calories per 250ml and 0.6g sugar. That's spring water with a hint of orange and passion fruit.

The offender was a Volvic bottle of water with 'touch of orange & peach flavour' which had the 51cals and 12g per 250ml.

All my drinks so far and have been like the first, so was totally shocked to see the second, no idea why it's so much. I guess it was a bit sweeter than the others though, really should of checked!
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options

250ml contains - 51calories & 12g of sugar.
    Oh no! Like you, I've always assumed that flavoured water is low calorie! But you've still lost weight - think how well you'll do over the next few weeks without the sugar:smile:
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I know! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Will be checking religiously now! X

Laugh it off, Im having a good giggle at you :wink:
  • JamiesMummyX
    Options
    Very true Elizabeth! I have managed to lose 2lb still since I switched the drink, so I guess I can look forward to next weeks weigh in!

And thanks Miss! Lol! It has made me laugh in hindsight now, I feel very silly.