Wake Up Call!

Options
ladytap
ladytap Posts: 36 Member
Before I started paying attention to my nutrition, Chili's was one of my favorite restaurants. I haven't eaten there in months, but today we are having a work luncheon there. I decided to check the menu to see what would be the best option for me and WHOA! was I floored! I looked at a few of my old favorites, and this is what I saw:

Oldtimer Burger: 1260 calories
Homestyle Fries: 380 calories
Grand Total: 1640 calories!

Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers: 1650 calories
Grand Total: 2030 calories!

And now, the kicker:
Jalapeno Smokehouse Burger with jalapeno ranch: 2140 calories
GRAND TOTAL: 2520 CALORIES!!! :noway:

I can't believe I used to put that in my body on a regular basis!! I knew it wasn't healthy, but I never dreamed that I was eating almost twice the amount of calories that I should be eating per day in one sitting. WOW!

Looks like I will be choosing the Guiltless Grill Caribbean Salad, which is still 550 calories. Good thing I don't miss eating at Chili's anymore :happy:

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I know it's amazing how many calories are in some of our favorite restaurants. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings a couple of weeks ago, looked up the calories before I left decided what to order and when I got there, I wasn't sure if the MFP calories were for 1 "naked chicken tender" or an order so I ordered something different, that I thought would be low cal. I came home and tried looking it up and it was nowhere to be found, so I used something comparable. You try just to make good choices when you eat out which is sometimes hard.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Have you all seen that show Man V food? Looking at all the restaurants and what they serve it is easy to understand why so many people are overweight. And the portions. Yee Gads!
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Have you all seen that show Man V food? Looking at all the restaurants and what they serve it is easy to understand why so many people are overweight. And the portions. Yee Gads!

I love this show! It makes me want to workout :) hehe
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers: 1650 calories
    Grand Total: 2030 calories!

I loved these....but that would've been combined with a starter and dessert. Sigh. But I don't miss it - I just feel a bit ill when I think about it...
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OMG I have been watching Man vs Food last couple of weeks and it repulses me. I have never seen portions that big in my life! Just watching the show makes me feel sick.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Man V Food is like a car accident.... I dont wanna watch (cause it makes me feel so sick) but I cant look away.

I actually use that show to tell my bf all kinds of fun facts I have learned from the boards here (and other sites) about some of the food they are serving.