This time I CAN and WILL Succeed!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 37 year old stay-at-home-mom, married with 2 children. My weight has been an issue all of my life, I've never been consistent in keeping it where I want it. I lost about 35 pounds about 3 years ago...doing it all wrong. Since then I've gained it all back plus some extra. I'm up to a staggering.....190...wow, I said it! I guess owning up to your weight is the first step in success.

I'm not happy at all with the way I look and feel and I want to do things the right way this time. I've never posted on any message boards or blogs, so this is a new thing for me....I figure I can use all the support I can get along my journey. My goal is to lose 50 pounds in however long it takes me...preferably before next summer. I plan on becoming more active and ideally to begin with work out for 45 minutes at least 5 days/week.
I hope to make new friends along the way and motivate each other!
Here's to a new beginning!

Replies

• DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm in the same boat but with more to lose. We are going to do it. :smile:
  • AronKishore
    Options
    You can do it, good luck <3
  • amandamulderbock
    Options
    Congrats on committing to doing it. That's half the battle. What workout are you going to be doing?
  • amymalloch
    Options
    I'm walking for about 40 minutes through my neighborhood, half if which is all uphill. I'm also doing some high intensity interval workout with my sis-in-law just about every day as well.
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You can do it, you've made the commitment. Keep logging things in even on days that you might go over, it really helps you take account for what you are eating.
    Keep up the exercising. I started with walking a mile every morning, now its a 2 mile jog, with some yoga and core in between the jogging days just to keep the body a bit more flexible...Im older and need it :laugh:
    Good luck!