Can't lose a pound

jfa07
jfa07 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everyone,
I'm relatively new to the site-- been here about 3 weeks or so, and I calorie-counted on a different site for 2 weeks prior.

I weigh 144 lbs, a lot of which is muscle-- I wear either a 4 or 6 in clothing. I'm writing now because I literally cannot lose a single pound. I've only gone over my calories one time, and not by a lot (I was on vacation). I am SCRUPULOUS about measuring/counting out food, I record everything, and I do not overestimate my calories burned during my exercise.

I do have a minor thyroid problem, for which I alternate 25 and 50 mcg every other day. My levels have been tested recently and my doctor says I do not need to increase the dosage.

I am also on Pentasa for Crohn's disease, and the Nuva Ring so I don't make any babies anytime soon.

Any ideas as to why? I'm only 24 years old, and the amount of food I eat versus the amount of exercise I do just isn't translating.

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    How tall are you? I'm 5ft 1 and still in a size 10, sometimes 8 at 136.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    How many cals you eating, exercise etc? Open your diary
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    How many cals you eating, exercise etc? Open your diary
  • jfa07
    I am 5' 4". The baseline goal is 1510 without any exercise. I burn a minimum of 300 calories a day. I don't eat fried food with the exception of french fries (which I usually have the baked ones anyway) about once a month. I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, I only use balsamic vinegar for salad dressing, tons of fish, grilled chicken. Turkey wraps, no condiments.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Are you eating the extra calories you burn through exercise? And what is your activity level set at? And what is your goal weight loss/week?
  • jfa07
    I don't usually eat quite all of them, but I definitely increase my food intake on the 5 or more days a week I exercise.
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    You are in a healthy weight range & you say you have a lot of muscle so maybe it is because you don't need to lose weight??????
  • jfa07
    I do have a ton of muscle. My legs, back, and arms are all solid muscle. I've been dancing competitively since age 2, and I teach now. I do have a solid core, but a layer of fat that gives me a little belly I'd like to ditch.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    You are in a healthy weight range & you say you have a lot of muscle so maybe it is because you don't need to lose weight??????

I was thinking same thing? could it be that you are already at good weight and your body is self proctecting ?
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Sounds to me the issue is more shape than anything so probably targetted exercise for the tummy????
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    It looks like you are eating a lot of process foods. Chips, wheat thins. These things are ok once in a while but everyday will prolly slow down your weight loss. Also personally it looks like your eating a lot of carbs and they are not the good carbs. Go back in your diary and look at your food choices, for someone that is pretty much at a healthy weight you will prolly have to be a lot more careful with the type of foods you are eating.
This discussion has been closed.