Insanity

Options
I currently do the max interval insanity sessions 6 days a week (interval, plyo, cardio and cardio abs, off day, repeat) and have been for a couple months now. I have completed the entire 60 days of insanity now I'm just doing this to stay in shape. I still get exhausted with these workouts and still make some improvements with each workout. I'm just curious how many calories a day I should eat. I've been very cautious with my eating because I lost over 20 pounds doing insanity and I don't want to put it back on. I am a 5'9 150 pound 19 year old male. The insanity guide says I should eat around 3000 calories for maintenance when I classified myself as very active and around 2700 when I said moderately active. I don't eat near that much. I didn't know if I should reduce my calorie intake since I've been doing insanity for a while or what I should do about caloric intake.

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    Unless you are very active, like having a every day job where you are always up and walking and working hard physically, i would use the moderately active factor so that would put you at 2600 calories per day to maintain weight.

Now what is your goal? Do you still need to lose weight? If yes you should run a calorie deficit so you would aim for 2200 calories.

If you have reached your body fat goal and want to gain muscle mass, i would suggest you switch program for something like Body Beast and increase your calorie intake.

This is all up to you and depending on your goal.