Determined to stay fit this winter!

Who's with me?! I'd really like to maintain my weight (123 lbs) maybe even lose a few more to 120 and do NOT want to gain the typical 7 for winter!!! I already put one on so I'm working extra hard to get back to 123. Anybody else super determined this winter to stay in great shape?! Add me! I could use some like minded friends!

Replies

• Yes! Being bikini ready at any moment would be wonderful! I am interested in kicking up my winter fitness routine and getting slightly more toned. I also have some weight to lose... ideally I would get down another 5 pounds, to 128. It has been a long road from my highest weight a few years ago and I am not interested in gaining any back.
  • TheBunnyStrange
    TheBunnyStrange Posts: 20 Member
    Agreed! Not only planning to maintain... but also planning to continue loosing!
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    I want to maintain - you can add me. Since I dont' go tot he gym trying to keep it up with the weather turning will be my challenge. I'm going to make it to that 1 year mark at my goal though in January!!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Yep, me too. Im determined to maintain this winter. I want to be ready for summer next year!!
  • Me! My goal is to be in the best shape I can be in come summer of 2014!

I'll add ya! Good luck and let's keep each other motivated.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Yup, I'm definitely determined. I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 with my husband at home right now, hopefully we will continue with that until the end of the calendar year at least. Then, January and February I will change it up with some Jillian Michael's videos all while keeping up with running (hopefully outside!)
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    I am with you. :flowerforyou:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    I too have gained a couple pounds in the last month. For a little while I was thinking about consciously doing a bulk, I'm not sure I want to now. I don't care for the few lbs I've gained. Now I won't consider bulking until I've dropped 4-5 lbs. To be honest, I'd like to see if I can maintain and recomp over the winter.

I started wearing my bodymedia again and just compared the data from last week to July. My avg calorie burn is 100 calories less now than it was in July! I'm working out the same and eating the same, no wonder I gained a few lbs. I guess those extra little things we tend to do in the summer really do add up. Keep that in mind when thinking about maintaining this winter. It isn't just our exercise that burns calories. Being more active in general really adds up!
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    I'm with you. I'm already finding it difficult to stay in a routine of working out and have been eating more. I really want to keep it off this time and get in shape. I could also certainly use some like minded friends. Feel free to add me.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Amen.

My biggest exercise is horseback riding, and I HATE riding when it is below freezing, but with a new young horse to train I need to keep my butt in shape this year.

No hibernation!!
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Me, me!! Was thinking about setting up a "Maintain not Gain" challenge at work just to help me stay on track. I have lost 20 lbs in my first 3 months at MFP and am still in "lose" mode now, but keeping on track during the holidays is going to be tough. I'll be here a lot getting motivation from the MFP community!! :flowerforyou:
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    I did lap swim last winter at an indoor pool. Swimming is a great exercise. It's a good alternative to cardio machines.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Right on, everyone! I find it super hard to workout in the cold, and I find my workouts are so much shorter than in the summer. Crazy how much of an effect the weather can have on us! Will power! We can do it!!!
  • Great thinking buddy, it is important to stay fit during this winter, since over eating during these day tends one to gain unnecessary weight. Keeping oneself busy with the workout schedule is good enough for retaining required weight.