Ladies... Birth Control Question...?

Options
13»

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I've been on BC for over 20 years and no issues like that. Are you sure it's related to the pill? That sounds more like a workout injury (back pain, etc.). Nevertheless, get to your doc!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend the pull-out method....that's how I became pregnant with my second son :blushing:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I took ortho tricyclen lo for about 2 yrs during college (ages ago) and I remember it took months to get my normally clockwork menstruation schedule back to normal. But it seemed to work all right.

I was on Yaz for about a year, and had no problems and actually lost weight during that time (from healthy eating not just from Yaz hehe)

My ex husband was sterile, so I didn't use birth control for a decade.

At 35 I went on Depo Provera shots and got them exactly according to directions and found myself with an unwanted pregnancy following the third shot. Yep.

After that my boyfriend (now my husband) got a vasectomy so we wouldn't have to deal with that nightmare again and I don't have to use birth control.

All I've honestly heard from friends are total nightmares about whatever birth control methods they choose. A LOT of related health problems especially. A Native American friend of mine wound up in a coma for 3 weeks due to blood clots in her lungs and her doctor scolded her for not "strictly explaining" that she was 3/4 Native as that pill (can't remember which one) has terrible side effects in women with that background. I'd never heard of that before!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    OP, if you have been off of them for a year or so it sounds like there is a different issue. It takes 24-48 hours for the pill to leave your system. Maybe the side effects you were experiencing when you started taking them were an underlying issue that was just coincidence that they showed up when they did. Just my $.02, I am definitely not a doctor, but in my unprofessional opinion I think you should see yours. Hope everything is okay for you!!