getting back to it

Options
I tried MFP about 8 months ago, and needless to say, I was bad at it. When I'd commit to entering my food, I would be at war with myself and not eat enough calories and lose 7 pounds in a week. Then, because I'd lost so much, I'd binge eat for a few days, gain weight, and feel miserable about the whole ordeal. See here goes the second round...hopefully this time I can learn from people who get it right...Or at least have a better handle on it than I do.

I'm a mid-twenties female: 6ft tall, weighing about 190 lbs (I've been afraid to get on the scale). My main problem is portion control and staying out of the fridge...and cheese...I love cheese lol.

Anyway, I'm trying to get to a point where I actually like the way I look. I know there isn't some magical number out there that will make me feel this way, but I'm to the point where I'm actually avoiding pictures, and something needs to change.

I need motivation, support, recipes, tips for staying out of the kitchen, WHATEVER :)

Replies

• kdf017
    kdf017 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. I want to get to a weight where I feel I look good as well. I don't avoid pictures but I hate looking at them and seeing myself this way. I want to lose the weight but also get active and athletic. Today is my first day... I've just returned(today) from being off this site for several months and the only times I would get online was to calculate my calories only once during the week.. I come to the conclusion that I'm not going to ever develop the habit of coming online just to mark calories everyday(and infact, I find it to be a pain in the *kitten*), but I'm at least going to try to exercise everyday. I've started today by walking 2 miles. The ironic thing is that I am walking to a McDonald's down the street and back because it's exactly a mile away from where I live. Hahhah! I do not order from there. It just helps me figure out how much I've actually walked.

What helped me keep motivated is actually calculating the distance of how far I want to walk on Google Maps.. Also, I have a dog so when I take him out to potty in the morning that is when I will begin my walk. I still have to finely tune my plan because it's only the first day but I'm hoping I'll be able to make it a habit.

Congratulations on the 7lbs and good luck! :)