Body revolution

Options
I'm on week 2 of jillian michaels body revolution - does anyone have suggestions for meal alternatives to the JMBR meal plan? I'm a working mom with 2 kids under 2 and don't have time to prepare the meals (or shop for them - each week requires tons of fresh or unique ingredients!). For those not familiar with JMBR, the meal plan is approximately 1200 calories a day and is low carb.

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1200 calories and then burning off about 300 with exercise? That's not really a good route if you ask me. I'd say that's a quick road to metabolic issues. My simple advice to you:

Barring medical issues, weight loss = consuming fewer calories than you use. According to your ticker, you're looking to lose 30 lbs. You probably need to eat around 1600 to lose weight with 0 exercise. Use this calculator here (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) to find out your number. Don't worry yet about "fresh" ingredients or being low carb (unless you're insulin-resistant or told to do so by a doctor). Just keep it simple and keep your calories at a modest deficit.

If you don't have time to cook, don't be afraid to use prepared frozen foods or processed stuff. They are not the devil. Do whatever you need to do in order to lower your calorie intake.

Good luck!