need some C25K

Options
2»

Replies

• joystick1
    joystick1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I finished the c25k yesterday, it took me a lot longer than the 9 weeks because I couldn't go out for a run consistently. To think I struggled with week 1 and now I can run non stop for 30 mins is incredible, I would definately recommend it. I have not yet reached 5 k yet because I'm too slow but I am now going to start c25k + which helps increase your speed. I prefer the treadmill because I can see where I'm up to and less likely to give up. Go for it and keep us posted.
  • dpwdash
    dpwdash Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you. This is a great program and I encourage you to take it one workout at a time. The 30 minutes will come. I finished last month and I am heading into a 10 K race this weekend. The first time I ran for 30 minutes straight I cried like a baby. My motto is "I may be slowere than a herd of turtles running in peanutbutter but I am still running!"
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I will mostly run on the treadmill b/c A) there is no way I want people to see me running. I'm sure I look like I'm having some sort of seizure, and B) I live near Houston and it's about 1000% humidity and I hate sweating and breathing hard. At least on the treadmill I'm in the AC and there's a little fan on it that blows on me. That sounds terrible, but hey...it's true. HOWEVER...we are camping this weekend and so I think I'll do Day 3 on one of the trails. Running outside seems like it will be harder, but I may give it a shot.

**I have a question...how fast is a "run"? Yesterday I walked at a 4 and "ran" at a 4.5. I figure that maybe my speed will pick up as I progress, but how fast are ya'll going?

I didn't want people to see me "running" either when i started. But when I moved off the treadmill and outdoors what I found was amazing!! The world of running A) covers a large range of people and B) is a "family" like exercise. Other runners are generally encouraging of us slower people. Offering words of encouragement and sometimes advice. I would suggest at least splitting the time between outside and the treadmill, living in Michigan it gets a little cold for me to run outside.

Enjoy the program! Don't try to do more, it is set up the way it is for a reason. I tried to do more, over-trained, and got a bad case of Plantar Faciitis. <
    PAINFUL!!!!
  • cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    so is that enough encouragement stop reading posts and go run

I had to smile at this.....sometimes I need someone to tell me that about many things in my life.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

**I have a question...how fast is a "run"? Yesterday I walked at a 4 and "ran" at a 4.5. I figure that maybe my speed will pick up as I progress, but how fast are ya'll going?

Don't worry about speed at all. That will eventually come later as you start putting more miles in. When I did C25K I was SLOW. I could have probably walked fast than I was jogging if I really wanted to. Heck, I am still slow, but the more I run I am slowing picking up pace.