Calling all Brides!

Options
13»

Replies

• jmcnamar484
    jmcnamar484 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This group of girls is so awesome, and I'm feeling so motivated! Let's do this brides!
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hows it going y'all ?Just wanted to check in to see how you all are going. I leave to India in a week for my wedding thats on Dec 12, 2013!!!! I started watching my weight sometime end of July. I've lost 25 lbs so far cause I took a ton of breaks!!! Hoping to lose another 4-5 lbs before the wedding :)
  • sdotcurll
    sdotcurll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married but am a bridesmaid and have a lot to lose by May 2013. I had my dress fitting at the end of September (before I started to lose weight) and have lost about 15 lbs so far..but I am hoping to lose another 40 by then..I know that seems like a lot but it just has to be done! I just hope that they can alter the dress enough so I won't need another dress! I am trying not to stress over it...at least it's not MY Wedding, I just do not want to dissapoint my family..The wedding has over 350 guests!! Good luck to you!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Replying so that my friend, who is also getting married next March, can see this post!

Congratulations and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just have to share...I picked up my wedding gown yesterday...it got here two months earlier than it was supposed to (Yay!??)

Backstory:
    I know bridal sizes run small...so I was expecting to have to order a "bigger" size than what I actually am (I have gone from a size tight 14 to between a size 10/12 in regular clothes and I am still going!). They only had a size 10 to try on and it was definitely too small...but even being too small it made me bawl like a baby when I saw it on. It was THE ONE! When the consultant measured me to order, she told me I would be a very tight 14 and did I want to order up another size. I told her about my weightloss journey and decided to order the 14 anyway knowing I was going to continue to lose weight. Got the whole lecture of" it is easier to alter a a gown down than it is up"...blah blah blah...wasn't about to let this lady talk me out of it. (The statistics of people who order a gown that is too small and end up having to have the gown altered up which is much more difficult and expensive is apparently high)

When I went with my MOH to pick it up I got to try it on again...not only did the "very tight" 14 zip...IT WAS LOOSE! I had at least two inches of give in the bodice!

BEST NSV EVER! Alterations don't start for about 5 more months so I fully plan to be waaay closer to my goal weight by then before I have to pause losing before the wedding.

Let's do this ladies!!!!
  • starlacain
    Options
    Hi ladies! Another summer 2014 bride here. So excited to see we're all in it together and there's so much progress going on here! You're all going to look and feel great. :) I've been off and on with mfp and my fitbit for the past several months, but it's time to for me to really buckle down. I am determined to lose 25 pounds before the big day. Lately I've been doing Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 and really loving the way it makes me feel, even though I haven't lost any weight yet...that's kind of freaking me out! Tomorrow I start on Body Revolution and am hoping/fretting it will get the job done. Has anyone here tried it?
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    im getting married this summer! need to lose about 40lbs! need motivation. congratulations to you all! :)
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 21, 2014. I'm 5'4 and looking to be around 135 by then. I started trying to lose weight right after he proposed and I'm down 50lbs. I have about 34 lbs left to lose. I'm also doing NROL4W. I would love some more bride to be friends or NROL friends :-)
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am getting married March 2014 - destination wedding! I have lost 36 lbs thus far. I want to lose another14lbs before the wedding. More importantly, I have been doing a lot of toning of the arms and under arms as I bought a strapless dress and hate the underarm fat look! LOL!
  • mhetzel1983
    mhetzel1983 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 25, 2014 for me!! It's coming up fast!!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 2014. Feel free to add me! We have similar stats. I'm 156 lbs and would like to be about 135 and muscular by then.
  • moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My wedding is March 12th, 2014 on the beach in Cuba.
    I am 5;9 and currently 153lbs. I was 141lbs at my lowest and would like to get back there for March.
    I know I'll do it once I stop eating out....drives me crazy!
    My fiancé can put muscle on and lost weight in a heart beat. I work my butt off, but the weight stays because of my diet. \
    I just signed up today to have a nutrition coach. I just need someone to hold me accountable.
    Good luck to all of you! Mind over all your daily challenges! Just remember the ultimate goal.

Feel free to add me. The more people keeping an eye on me...the better :)