Question about Zombies, Run

Options
If you use this app do you think it would transfer over well for a spin bike? I don't really run much and the time has come to be stuck on an indoor bike. I get really bored with the spin dvds and music doesn't always keep me motivated. The app has always sounded like fun but I'd rather Zombies, Ride!

Replies

• sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I find it hard to believe that MFP is suddenly out of opinions.
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. You'll still get to listen to the story.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Not sure it would translate over so well because even the story line is so centered around running. I guess if you are extra imaginative then it would be ok but not sure o could get into it on a bike myself.
  • mandimoron
    mandimoron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how well it would be able to calculate any data for you, if that's your thing. It's calibrated as a running tool, and I don't think you can set it to cycling to adjust the calories burned, pace, etc. That would irk me, given I'm a bit of a data monger myself.

But if you just want a neat story to listen to as you pedal away, I think it could work. You'll still pick up materials and things as you go. They do call you Runner Five in the story, and the characters will tell you to run quickly when you encounter hordes during the plot, but the point is really just "YOU GO FAST NOW". You can do that on a bike, I think.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    on a stationary bike the zombies would always catch you in the zombie chases, but it would still give you interval training. you can turn off the zombie chases if you want, but either way it would be fine. its a really cool story.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll keep looking for better indoor cycling apps.