Emotional Eaters

Options
I am one. For sure. I started out doing really well on Christmas of last year and was losing steadily until the beginning of March, after I got laid off of work. It seemed like once I no longer had a set schedule or tasks assigned to me for each day, I totally fell off the wagon. I tried to keep logging and exercising but I continually got off track time and time again.

I am now working full time again, which I thought would help me stay on track, but I am still having trouble. It seems like I will start logging my food for the day, but by the time I get home from work all my self-control is gone and I eat whatever/everything. I know that I do it mostly out of boredom or just for a general sense of fullness. I don't have a lot going on in my life outside of work and being at home with my boyfriend, and I think that I crave food and try to stuff myself with it because I don't feel completely fulfilled. I'm not exactly sure what more I'm supposed to be doing with my life itself. I am very happy in my work and in my relationship with my boyfriend, but I know there are other things I should spend time on, like relationships with friends and family members, creative endeavors, and spiritual pursuits.

So my question is this: For those who also eat out of boredom or to fill some type of emotional craving, what do you do/have you done to recognize an emotional urge to eat when it happens and what do you do to resist the temptation to stuff yourself?