why does weight training not add calories to my daily intake

Options
Hello - i'm new to the site and just trying to figure out the fitness portion. I see when i put in any cardio i've done that i then see an addition of calories for the day to compensate but when i put in any weight training i don't see that. the way i do weights does get my heart beating fast and i sweat so i'm not sure how to note this?
thanks

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Look under the cario section for weight training and you should be able to calculate some calories in there.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is hard to tell how much it burns due to the differing efforts and amount and timing of breaks between sets. That being said you can enter "Strength training" under the cardio section to get an estimate of calories burned.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I put it under circuit training if I am also adding cardio to it. Then I add each exercise I do under strength training. If you don't do it with cardio, you might put it under aerobics general.:flowerforyou:
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. how i wish i could, not add the calories, but just be given credit or a gold star?
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    off topic. LOVE THIS POEM, one of my favorites. awesome!

She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellowed to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
    Lord Byron
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you do weight training in a circuit you are more likely to burn more calories. You do burn calories while you are lifting but it is much better when you add cardio or multiple muscles training.

Example of a good circuit

3 mins cardio

2 mins strength with two muscle groups a small and a large like a squat and over the head arm press in one motion

1 min of abs

do that for 4-5 circuits.... keep that idea going and you will burn optimal calories and you tone like crazy.

Good luck!
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thanks - i found strength training under cardio. So if they have that, why do that have another section for weight training that doesn't reflect calories burned??

but thanks!