• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Safe words? Yes.

Safe foods? No.
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Substitute foods! What do you like? Make a list and then find healthy (or not so bad for u) alternatives to eat when you want (once it's in your calorie goal and then it'll be easier to maintain! Saw someone saying frozen banana blended with some peanut butter is like icecream yum!
  • MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yoplait fat free pumpkin pie yogurt- 60 calories! so yummy....its seasonal...so get it while it lasts!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I had to look this up, but safe foods is a term that people with eating disorders use. Not sure this is a discussion for me then, but I wish you all the best.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If it is ticking or smells like ammonia, don't eat it.
  • smaclean8
    smaclean8 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I'm starving and want a HUGE amount of food for low calories, I eat two cups of liquid egg whites, cooked with salt and pepper, with one ounce of reduced fat cheese on top. That's 320 calories (240 for the egg whites, 80 for the cheese) and you'll be lucky to fit it all on one plate.

If you still feel like binging after that, then you probably deserve it.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    24918.jpg

everybody, this is carrot, carrot this is everybody.

buy some carrots, if you feel hungry between meals, eat one. if one isn't enough eat two. you will NEVER make it past two.

NEVER. EVER. IN THE WORLD.

trust me.

/thread.
  • gigglesinthesun
    Options
    24918.jpg

buy some carrots, if you feel hungry between meals, eat one. if one isn't enough eat two. you will NEVER make it past two.

trust me.

/thread.

In a world with Hot Dog Eating Competitions you recon people can't eat more then 2 raw carrots in one sitting?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    Safe foods?
    The broccoli thinks it's safe. It knows I'll never lay a finger on raw broccoli ... unless I'm going to toss it in the steamer, add it to a stir fry, or smother it with cheese in a casserole. Let the broccoli have its delusions. It might as well be happy until I reach into the crisper. The end will be quick. I'll have the cutting board and the knife ready.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like crunching on a big snack like I used to do with pretzels. Pretzels aren't bad, but I eat too many if a big bag is around. So I eat boring -- yet crunchy! -- healthy cereal, dry. It doesn't taste good enough to eat too much of, but I can eat a lot and get that crunch thing in. You can choose a tastier kind, but they start getting up there in calories for a huge snack if you eat too much of those. Go with like bran, lol. Really :)

For a really low-cal, wonderful food, you have to try spaghetti squash! You can eat soooo much of it, and it's good for you. It's easy to make, too. It really is a lot like pasta.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    24918.jpg

trust me.

/thread.

Hello, carrot. It's nice to meet you.

My, my, you certainly are a beautiful carrot. It's a shame raw carrots give me hiccups. Unless I shred them. Shredded carrots are so lovely in a salad or a veggie sandwich, with avocado and tomato and cukes, maybe some sprouts...What have I got behind my back, you ask, Mr. Carrot? Oh, pardon me, Ms. Carrot. Behind my back? Nothing. It's just a grater. (I probably should invest in a mandoline.) Nothing to worry about. I'll just cut your leafy green head off first; you won't feel a thing.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    something like this maybe?

oHwfk6f.jpg
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    24918.jpg

trust me.

/thread.

In a world with Hot Dog Eating Competitions you recon people can't eat more then 2 raw carrots in one sitting?

yeh, you're right, a competitive eater could probably do 3.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I have certain foods that are serious "triggers" for me so I try to avoid them at all costs (I have this horrible mentality that once I eat chips, for example, I've already "screwed up" and therefore it often leads to a "oh well, might as well binge today" attitude). Stock up on healthy foods, which, even if you eat a large quantity of, will benefit your body with nutrients. Foods like fruits, vegetables, sweet potatoes, squash, brown rice, whole wheat bread, nuts, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, and fish make up the most of my intake because A) they make me feel good when I eat them, B) I don't deprive myself and I feel satiated enough NOT to reach for a "trigger" food, and C) I personally find all these foods totally yummy. Find foods that you genuinely like and which make you feel healthy, satiated, and energized :)

Same! I can't eat a bag of chips without feeling bad:/ I was looking up foods though and I hear rice cakes are low cal and are crunchy like chips and even come in different flavours!

Rice cakes also have almost no nutritional value......unfortunately.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Most any food is safe, unless you're allergic to it. All it has to do is fit within your macros.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    24918.jpg

trust me.

/thread.

I guess the world has ended, I'm no competitive eater, and I've eaten more than three to fill up before....and then there is the much more "dangerous": add mayo, raisins and shred the carrots into a salad. Or the more healthful version with yogurt, pineapple, raisins with shredded carrot. ;)
  • gigglesinthesun
    Options

trust me.

/thread.

I guess the world has ended, I'm no competitive eater, and I've eaten more than three to fill up before....and then there is the much more "dangerous": add mayo, raisins and shred the carrots into a salad. Or the more healthful version with yogurt, pineapple, raisins with shredded carrot. ;)

I know, people say the same thing about raw broccoli and yet I still manage to pack away quite a bit of this stuff, especially if I am snacking on it whilst doing something else.
  • lets_fly_away
    Options
    I feel you, I have certain foods that are serious "triggers" for me so I try to avoid them at all costs (I have this horrible mentality that once I eat chips, for example, I've already "screwed up" and therefore it often leads to a "oh well, might as well binge today" attitude). Stock up on healthy foods, which, even if you eat a large quantity of, will benefit your body with nutrients. Foods like fruits, vegetables, sweet potatoes, squash, brown rice, whole wheat bread, nuts, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, and fish make up the most of my intake because A) they make me feel good when I eat them, B) I don't deprive myself and I feel satiated enough NOT to reach for a "trigger" food, and C) I personally find all these foods totally yummy. Find foods that you genuinely like and which make you feel healthy, satiated, and energized :)

Same! I can't eat a bag of chips without feeling bad:/ I was looking up foods though and I hear rice cakes are low cal and are crunchy like chips and even come in different flavours!

Rice cakes also have almost no nutritional value......unfortunately.

I eat them with low cal pb though :0