Chicken thighs

Options
amyjanowitz
amyjanowitz Posts: 19 Member
Any suggestion for recipes for chicken thighs ? I normally bake them when a honey and spicy mustard mix and serve with veggies but I would love other ideas.. I have searched the internet and cook books and for some reason nothing seems to be interesting enough. Getting back on the wagon to better health

Replies

• brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I wrap them in bacon.
    Cook in bbq.
    Cook at low temp, shred, mix in salsa make tacos.
    Chicken and Dumplings?
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Chicken Melt your mouth yum yum good

4 chicken breast/thighs (boneless skinless)
    1c.- 1 1/2c. of Plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (I use the 2% it's only 45 calories)
    1 tsp Garlic
    1/2 tsp slap ya mama (cajun season)
    1 tsp season all
    1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400

In a medium sized mix bowl, mix together your yogurt, cheese, and seasonings. Once you have that all mixed together, have a casserole dish ready and coat your chicken nice and thick with the mixture. Put in oven and cook till chicken is done.
  • amyjanowitz
    Options
    thank you both sound so yummy
  • khooker24
    khooker24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs are one of my favorites because they are so easy in the crock pot. I just dissolve two bullion cubes in a bit of water. Throw in chicken thighs with some grill mates seasoning. Add a 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper for some flavor and cook all day. An hour or so before dinner I add mushrooms to the crock pot as well. I make a steamfresh bag of broccoli and another of brown rice and serve it all mixed together. Definitely a go-to meal at my house.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Bake w/ rosemary ...

or

425 degree oven

crushed garlic, crushd red pepper flake, and a squeeze of lemon (fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste ...)
    (rub the above on the chicken thighs, or under the skin if the ones you buy still have the skin))

Place chicken in a glass baking dish, then surround with thickly sliced red onions and grape tomatoes ...

Cover with foil and bake for 30 min (boneless, or an hour for bone in) ... Take the foil off the last 10-15 min of cooking ...

The tomatoes should pop and the onions should caramelize ...

or

make a balsamic glaze:

balsamic vinegar
    honey
    black pepper (cracked)

reduce in a sauce pan
  • amyjanowitz
    Options
    thank you. Loving these recipes
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I mix thumb size grated ginger, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of ketchup, cook thighs for 50 minutes covered, then brush mix over cook for 10 mins and repeat with sauce and then they come out sticky and yummy!
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just fry them (no oil no spices no nothing) and eat with steamed veggies. And it IS delicious, thighs are so fat and yummy you dont need any condiments
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Cook in coconut oil, then once cooked shred them up or just cut into smaller bits. Then add cayenne pepper, pepper, basil, thyme & oregano. Then add capsicum (red or green peppers) and mushrooms, then at the end add fresh spinach. Cook till spinach has wilted. Then place on plate. Top with some nice 0% fat Chobani greek yoghurt and serve.

1 thing, 1 pepper, 70g mushroom, 50g spinach & one 170g tub chobani is one serving...... AND IT'S HUGE. Like I mean a HUGE plate full.

I have that every single night & it's always nice & spicy, gets the blood flowin, heart pumpin, calories burnin (yeah hot stuff does that) and nose runnin.

Yummm

P.S... you can add some shredded mature low fat cheese on top before you put the chobani on..... yummmm
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    In for recipe ideas.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    shredded chicken, it's what I'm eating today ......
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,664 Member
    Options
    Brown in a skillet with some garlic and optional onion. Toss in a small can of coke (normal, not diet) and lashings of soy sauce. Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes until the sauce caramelizes to a syrupy mass. A cheat's version of teriyaki chicken.
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Will definitly have to try the yogurt chicken..
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=5695

All I have to say is YUM. I used the chorizo because I'm not afraid of fat, but subsituting lower fat hot turkey sausage would work too.

I made this on Sunday and everyone at the dinner table was very quiet...LOL

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=5347

Just found this too on her website...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hummus/tahini chicken thighs (adapted from recipe linked below)
    http://www.pigpigscorner.com/2009/05/spicy-tahini-baked-chicken.html

Placed chicken thighs (boneless/skinless, about 2 pounds) in 9x13 baking dish lined with foil.

Combine the juice and zest of 1 lemon (large is best) with 1/2 a 16 oz tub of tahini hummus (I like Joseph's roasted red pepper) until hummus is broken down. Add 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 4 Tbsp water, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and 3 cloves minced garlic (1.5 tsp of jarred). Mix well then spoon over chicken thighs.

Let marinade at least 2 hours, overnight is best. Bake at 400 F for 25-35 minutes depending on size of thighs.

Coq Au Vin

I use the recipe at the link below but made some adjustments - boneless/skinless thighs instead of bone-in with skin removed and a simple red table wine instead of pinot noir/burgundy

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/coq-au-vin/

I also like using McCormick's Grill Mates marinades - the Mexican Fiesta and Tomato, Garlic & Basil are both really good on chicken.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    grill them with tandoori spice mix from an indian grocer - pretty good
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Some nice recipes here, thanks forposting
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Çrush fiber one cereal to a powder. Need about two cups of cereal. Coat six chicken thighs in cereal. Spray an iron skillet with cooking spray. Iron skillet is important. Lay coated chicken skin side down. Season as you wish. My family loves cajun spice and cayenne pepper. Bake for 30 minutes at 400. Turn chicken over season skin side. Bake another 30 minutes. At this point I am watching it closely looking for the right crisp on the chicken. Definitely a family favorite! Tastes like fried chicken but without having to cook it in all that oil.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I like using McCormick grill mates Mojito Lime marinade.