COSTCO MEMBERS: What healthy foods do you regularly purchas

Options
What healthy foods do you regularly purchase there?

Replies

• ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada, not sure where you are...but...I buy all my meat, veggies, and frozen fish there!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm a Costco LOVER!! :bigsmile:

Pork tenderloin, frozen sockeye salmon fillets, chicken breasts, ground turkey, lean steaks, frozen shrimp, baby spinach, asparagus, broccoli, fruit... oh, and Brita water filters!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I buy their turkey burgers, edamame, and fruit leather. They also have really yummy halibut.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    The frozen fish is great. Each fillet weighed out and vacuum sealed - we usually get tilapia, cod, mahi mahi adn salmon. All are excellent! We also get a lot of produce there, especially mushrooms and cucumbers. They have some incredible precut pineapple spears right now!
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love their frozen chicken! Each breast comes individually sealed.
  • JGrinwis
    JGrinwis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Salsa, Halibut makes amazing fish tacos, dried fruit and nuts for snacks, Chicken Burgers, Black Bean burgers, Turkey sausage, farm fresh eggs, Ranch Light... man where do you stop. Costco is A-MAZING. Peppers, Low Fat plain Yoghurt

My newest find is my fav, Rivavia (sp?) - it's a liquid multi packed full of everything even calcium and fiber. We add it to some plain yogurt, oj, and a little of the mxed berries in the blender and there's enough vitamins for the day and a nice breakfast with a slice of toast.
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Costco offers quite a few healthy and organic items. I usually purchase the following:

Earthbound Farms Organic Spring Mix
    various fresh fruits and veggies
    Oroweat Multigrain Sandwich Thins
    Turkey Burgers
    Laughing cow light cheese wedges
    Shrimp
    Kashi whole grain cereal
    Silk soy milk

I know there a few more items but I can't really think of anymore off the top of my head.

Cheers!
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Instant Oatmeal
    Fiber One Bars
    Cold Cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats & Mini Wheats)
    Gum
    Hard Candy
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream
    Diet Soda
    Water
    Powerade
    CapriSun Juices
    Tuna (Canned or Tuna & Crackers)
    Turkey Burgers, Frozen Talipia and Shrimp
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Silk soymilk
    Okios yogurt or Fage when they have it
    Fruit leather
    Edamame
    Frozen fruits & veggies
    Dried fruits
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    well i've switched to BJs but they have pretty much the same stuff. i get most of my produce (i save a ton on peppers and bananas,) chicken, ground turkey, boca burgers, i buy martin's potato bread there, chobani yogurt, laughing cow cheese, shredded mozzerella (skim), fiber one bars, cheerios, milk, eggs, pasta, rice, deli meats(oscar mayer) and lots of other goodies there. i only go to shoprite for the things that i don't need very often and therefore bulk shopping doesn't make sense or if i want to try something before committing to a bulk purchase of it. i buy a small package of something always just to try something before i buy the package meant to last until the apocolypse.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Well I am now a Costco memeber and last night was my first time shopping there and I loved it and had to put stuff back.

I brought:
    Honey Crisp Apples
    10 pounds grapefruits
    Fresh spinach
    string cheese - I like Trader Joes better so when done probably will not re-purchase
    mild cheedar cheese -individually packaged
    skinless chicken breast individually packaged
    organic baby carrots individually packaged
    Eclipse gum

I put back Kashi bars and fiber one bars because I ran out of money!! I was using Costco Amex which I intend to pay off monthly so did not want to go over budget.

I will try their fat free milk next time. To see if it last a week past date on the bottle. Has anyone else tried their FF milk. How does it compare to Deans and Country Delights FF milk?

After reading this I will definitely try some of the fish next month.

I think I will get my moneys worth out of my membership and they have a gas station at the new Costco in my area so I am good to go.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    AFTER WE'VE FED ON THE SAMPLES, WE BUY:

Fruit: mango, apples, grapes, pineapple spears, etc.
    Coach's multi-grain pancake mix
    salmon
    baby carrots
    almond milk 2-pack
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    24-bottle case of Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea. I love that stuff, and it's no calorie. I can't live without it.

I USED to by the big box of Rice Krispie Bars, but I haven't eaten any for the near-month I've been dieting with MFP. However, they're less than 100 calories each (I believe they're 90 cal), so for those moments I desparately need something sweet, I may have one.

Everything else others have written--great stuff.

How about the big jars of baby dill pickles??? Yum!

Vitamin Water Zero.

Citrucel fiber!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I have seen many mention the pineapple spears. I will put that on my list next time. Also baby bel cheese.

I like the Lipton green tea also!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have seen many mention the pineapple spears. I will put that on my list next time. Also baby bel cheese.

I like the Lipton green tea also!

Pineapple is usually in season year round, so it's great to have on hand.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    at my costco they have a bag of spinach that is the size of a king size pillow for around 2 bucks..i always get that
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love Costco ;-) I found this huge bag of frozen fruit for my smoothies. It's a festival blend --mango, pineapple, papaya & strawberries...so delicious with some vanilla whey protein powder and some orange, pineapple, banana juice. They also have the Morning Star Farms Spicy Chipotle Black bean burgers (1/4 lbs! bigger than the regular black bean burgers); feta cheese; mini babybel cheese, light laughing cow cheese (soooo much cheaper in a 4 pack that individually); protein powder (a 6 lbs bag was like $30!) and Chobani Greek yogurt.

Good luck.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    i owe much of my weight loss success to their alaskan salmon burgers. so delcious, so filling, so easy to to cook. i chop them up and mix them with quinoa. i put them over salad. make an open face sandwich with avocado, cucumber, baby greens, red peppers, tomato, etc... SO YUM,
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I go to Costco at least once a week, I go to my local grocery maybe once a month!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am not near a Costco, but when I visited my sister she had the best chicken sausage. I don't remember the calorie count, but it only had 6 g. of fat and they were fairly big. She grilled them like brats. They were sooo good! She said there were about four different flavors, I think she got an herb flavored one.

Now I'm wishing I was closer to a Costco!